3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Projekt Dirt *Update*

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 10:25 PM
JayDubDak05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just went thread hopping and found my way back here...what's the word on this?

Old 07-18-2014, 08:20 PM
i.who.made.you
Professional

Its been a while since this thread was used... Any news?

Old 07-18-2014, 11:45 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No notable news. Have a few customers projects to finish up. And its 110* F in vegas so not too enthused to get out in the shop.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:32 PM
i.who.made.you
Professional

110* F ya I can understand not wanting to work in that... I just pulled off all of my front suspension do you want any of it before I scap it? I know it's been a long time since you were on that stage but I figured I would offer just on the off chance. LCAs are actually still OK and with new bushings and ball joints they could be welded to be used with a coil-over. PM me if this doesn't sound like useless junk.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:09 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by i.who.made.you
110* F ya I can understand not wanting to work in that... I just pulled off all of my front suspension do you want any of it before I scap it? I know it's been a long time since you were on that stage but I figured I would offer just on the off chance. LCAs are actually still OK and with new bushings and ball joints they could be welded to be used with a coil-over. PM me if this doesn't sound like useless junk.
you looking to sell the LCAs? I ssuppose I could use them for templates that way I dont have to tear my truck apart during prototyping. What part of the country are you in? Shipping wouldnt be cheap thats for sure.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:34 PM
vince8995

did you guys make any progress on this? im super intrested in buying a setup from you guys.

Old 08-22-2014, 01:07 AM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by vince8995
did you guys make any progress on this? im super intrested in buying a setup from you guys.

Alot of people are interested until they see the price tag lol. Honestly unless your prepared to fork over about 5-6 grand cash. Long travel is a wet dream. Ive been so swamped at my day job ive only been able to tinker in the shop a few hours a week. And thats for customer cars I have right now. Im not giving up on my own truck and long travel for that. But as now. My customer base for long travel dakotas who are ready to bring me their truck and fork over some cheese is about 2 people. And that doesnt pay the mortgage. As much as id love to spend 8 hours a day building this. Its going to be a slow process as of now. Thanks for checking in though! Hopefully soon ill be able to post up my spy photos ;-)

Old 08-26-2014, 06:52 PM
rookie
Captain

Still want long arms and extended tie rods here. I'll pony up.

Quick Reply: Projekt Dirt *Update*