3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Looking to buy 3rd Gen

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 09:57 PM
Eimer123
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brymac76

The interior is pretty nice with one exception. Drivers side floor right between your legs there is a square cut out of the carpeting. Probably wont even see it when the floor mats are in it...however...im curious what its about. The salesmen didn't know.
I would assume that is the location of the little OEM floor mat hook.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Brymac76
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back again guys.
Took the 05 Laramie for a ride today. Rode good over all...alot firmer than im used to with my truck...but my truck is 14 years old and roles on 32's.
it had a Slight shimmy when i got it to 60mph but i have a feeling it might be due to 3 very worn tires and the original spare being on the right front or it could be from the construction they are doing on the road (repaving)...not to concerned with that.

however.....after i shut the truck off (numerous times) i (and the salesman) could hear a clicking in the dash somewhere...it sounded like it was right behind the factory stereo. He said he woul have them check it out..however....i wanted some input from you guys.
Have any of you encountered this before?

I'm going back tomorrow morning so i can get a car fax from them....the lady that does them was not in today.

Thanks again for any/all input.

Bryan

Old 07-26-2011, 08:19 PM
wingman_214
Veteran

Make them an offer and tell them you want new tires and the noise fixed.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:32 PM
Brymac76
Professional

The Sales man said they would figure out what the noise was. I'm waiting to see the Car Fax tomorrow before i decide anything.
Also noticed today that the lower right molding below the front bumper is cracked straight through....Told them I will want that fixed/replaced as well.

Not to worried about the tires....because im sure they will just put Crap tires on it and id rather burn the current ones off in the next year then put GOOD tires that i approve of on later on.

Thanks! Keep ya posted.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Brymac76
Professional

K.
Just left the dealer,
They are telling me that the clicking behind the dash is the 6 disk changer.... Does this sound ligit to any of you?

I went in today so they could show me the Car Fax....ok well its not a Car Fax..its an "Auto Check" report. Any of you have experince with this?

I used ya'lls advice and told them Id take an even trade after they Checked out my Liberty. THe salesman went to the Sales manager and came back and said they would give me a bit more than $7k for my jeep towards a trade in. I asked just for grins if they would take any thng off the $15K of the truck and they said no.
So i told them not to cal me unless they are even willing to consider getting to around $2k Differnce between the 2 trucks.
Also quoted the KBB values for each truck, Said how the JEEP would be an easier sell for them once its on the lot.
Again...i only got to talk to the Salesman...and i know he is just the go between. Hopefully i get a call back from him...i want to talk to the sales Manager.

Thanks for the input and advice guys. Let me know if you have any more input.

Bryan