3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Nissan Frontier

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 07:43 PM
gripnrip
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I had two frontiers (04 crew cab 4x4 & 07 extended cab 4x2). The 04 was way underpowered, the 07 was a great truck. Lots of power but too small. Traded it for the dak. Out of all that is left, I like the nissans best.You can also get it in Suzuki blend (Equator). The crew cabs are still smallish though.
Last year before I got my Dakota I test drove all the compact/midsize trucks and found the Frontier similar to jkeaton. Good power on the V6, nice interior layout (on the upgraded models vs base), and handled nice. The negatives for me were the cost, smaller bed (not a huge amount but slightly smaller, and I like the extra inches when putting dirtbikes or our streetbikes in the back), and I also found the interior a little small.

If I had been able to get better pricing, it would have been a harder decision between the Frontier and Dak.

Didn't like the Ranger, Taco, or Colorado/Canyon though.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:48 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

Interesting the cab size & even the bed size are almost identical apples to apples. As far as power my V8 HO makes one horse less and about thirty pounds more of pull. The Frontier weights about three hundred pounds less. This if for a comparison of a fully loaded 4X4 King Cab to my loaded Laramie 4X4 Club Cab. In fact the only thing that bugs me is the crappy EPA MPG rating is as bad as my HO Dak engine. I would also bet the barn that it won’t rust out like a Dakota. As far as the new Rams it is still a Dodge and Chrysler is dead broke and that is evident with the materials used and the workmanship design/build processes. They get you to buy pretty and sold you problems. Unless they get another Gov bail out or Fiat dumps a ton of cash into Chrysler they will be out of business within three to five years. Look for the Ram line to be sold off though.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last time I sat in a Frontier I felt cramped but that wasn't the very latest model. I'm a pretty big guy, the Dakota is as small as I can go and still be reasonably comfortable. (Even then I wouldn't complain if my Dak had a little more headroom and legroom)

Old 10-26-2011, 10:35 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by popsnbeer
That commercial made me lol the first time I saw it. I'd love to know how shooting it actually went. I can only imagine how many times they got stuck.
I'm pretty sure today was some computer generated stuff, just life the plane landing on the bed.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:19 AM
Tygarys
Amateur

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I'm pretty sure today was some computer generated stuff, just life the plane landing on the bed.
That Nissan ad is just a rip-off of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKg5-asGRHY

Quick Reply: Nissan Frontier