3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

rack out.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 09:15 AM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say you only need them for the back and not the front but I'm no expert

Old 11-20-2011, 08:30 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BAdassR/T
Well no pics yet spent alot of time on all of the very rusty bolts man what a pain. Only thing that was good is I out anti seize on all the bolts I put back . Dropped the truck off to get an alignment tomorrow. Felt a whole lot Better driving bumps and all. Only thing that was kinda scary was how off the alignment was. Felt a little swaying taking it to the alignment place. I also got rid of the sway bar. I think that's the whole reason these trucks jump around all over the road. One thing that really p1ssed me off was when putting the 2inch leveling kit in the cv joints slid out. What an as5 kicking that is to put back in. Also if anyone's interested I've got lowering shackles I won't be needing anymore.
I sent you a PM 'bout those shackles. By the way, how much ya askin'?

Old 11-21-2011, 10:07 AM
BAdassR/T
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have been replied to.
As of now my trucks still down rotor off waiting for the replacement under warranty.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:37 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks man, just gotta run it by the wife.

I totally agree with you about the sway bar. When one wheel hits something hard, both wheels feel it, which defeats the purpose of shocks.. It's such a thick sway bar too, I think 1 inch would be better. That's probably why our sway bar links go bad so fast too is the robustness of the sway bar mixed with those little links.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:29 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rengnath
Idk what it is about the Dakotas, but some have it way worse than others. My truck has 126k on it and has been in WI all its life, and I don't have any serious rust issues. I have zero body rust, light rust on that cross support, and very little on the frame. They don't go light on the salt here in WI either. An impact takes off any bolt I need to when doing work on the suspension or steering.
True story...

Quick Reply: rack out.