3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Front Brake Pad Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 11:33 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Zombifyd
Quick question. What is the name of that bar with all lights you have on it. I might want that instead of my grill guard.
I made it myself. All the brush gaurds require the removal of the factory tow hooks...and I cant do that, so I made my own. When I buy my Power Wagon, the light bar will go up for sale.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Zombifyd
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm... I'll be waiting, But as for the brakes, I'm actually going to purchase the same ones and install these weekend. So we shall see how they work. lol

Old 11-18-2011, 01:32 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass

The thermoquiets are seated. Man, these things are way better than the factory pads. I could only imagine what a rotor upgrade would do in combination. These pads feel better than the factory pads did when I had 30" tires.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Zombifyd
Professional

Can't wait to buy mine and install this weekend.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Jaded
Record Breaker
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I've got a set of thermoquiets waiting to be installed. Got in on one of those advance auto online deals with a rebate on top. My oem's still have 25% or so left at 70k. Mainly hoping the thermoquiets don't dust up my wheels like the oem's.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:00 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass

Originally Posted by Jaded
I've got a set of thermoquiets waiting to be installed. Got in on one of those advance auto online deals with a rebate on top. My oem's still have 25% or so left at 70k. Mainly hoping the thermoquiets don't dust up my wheels like the oem's.
You won't need to worry about the dust...there is none.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:56 PM
JimBio
Professional

I was looking at the wagner thermoquiets and researching prices/options when I ran across this on brakeperformance.com website:

Ceramic brake pads are not recommended for SUVs or Trucks. Yet you guys are having good luck with them. What's the deal?

Old 11-19-2011, 11:42 PM
wingman_214
Veteran

Originally Posted by JimBio
I was looking at the wagner thermoquiets and researching prices/options when I ran across this on brakeperformance.com website:

Ceramic brake pads are not recommended for SUVs or Trucks. Yet you guys are having good luck with them. What's the deal?
Many trucks now come from the factory with ceramics. It really depends on useage. Ceramics wont last long under towing/ hailing.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Zombifyd
Professional

So, I'll be doing my brakes this morning and since I haven't done them to a car in about 4 years, any tricks to the trade for the Dakota or is it just undo the bolts from behind the caliper, pop it off, pull out the pads and replace?

Old 11-21-2011, 11:25 AM
donkeypunch
King Jackass

Originally Posted by Zombifyd
So, I'll be doing my brakes this morning and since I haven't done them to a car in about 4 years, any tricks to the trade for the Dakota or is it just undo the bolts from behind the caliper, pop it off, pull out the pads and replace?
Correct. Is it safe to assume that you are at least turning the rotors? Or are you replacing the rotors?

Quick Reply: Front Brake Pad Replacement