3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Exhaust idea for my next project

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012 | 12:26 PM
FrenicX
|
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 06Dak4.7Silver
Yeah exactly, like the new Ram. The reason I really like roll pans on our Dakotas is because the rear bumper is so prominent..and let's not get started on the front bumper -_-
I'm currently trying to teach myself CAD just to design a new bumper... lower profile style. Like the first Warrior concept truck, the orange one not the blue one they made for 08... front bumper that is.

Old 02-02-2012 | 12:37 PM
varnerhba
Veteran

Originally Posted by FrenicX
I'm currently trying to teach myself CAD just to design a new bumper... lower profile style. Like the first Warrior concept truck, the orange one not the blue one they made for 08... front bumper that is.

woah we went from exhaust to bumpers real fast

^^look closely to that collector i ordered a new one from summit racing it was a WOPPING $6.01 HA and a grade 8 collector locking bolt kit. it will be here by friday ill weld it up and post more and better pictures but dude u gotta go dual....cut the cats out its so much meaner....

Old 02-02-2012 | 01:01 PM
KS Cowboy
Veteran

Originally Posted by varnerhba
Fart, Lets get this thread really off topic... What kind of CAD system are you tryin to learn? *Are you tryin to make it look like the stock ones, but just 6 inches closer to the grill?*

Now back to topic... I LOVE the sawed off shotgun idea. I might just be tryin that one my self. THanks!!!

Last edited by KS Cowboy; 02-02-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: added * *
Old 02-02-2012 | 02:19 PM
varnerhba
Veteran

Originally Posted by KS Cowboy
Fart, Lets get this thread really off topic... What kind of CAD system are you tryin to learn? *Are you tryin to make it look like the stock ones, but just 6 inches closer to the grill?*

Now back to topic... I LOVE the sawed off shotgun idea. I might just be tryin that one my self. THanks!!!

back to being off topic, you know why dodge made those bumpers to stick out? go lift your hood and turn around and sit down haha...

ive only tested mine, never put it to use

Old 02-02-2012 | 04:12 PM
FrenicX
|
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by KS Cowboy

So far I've just messed with AutoCAD and solidworks, I was thinking of switching to fastcad since I heard its much simpler. And you nailed it, maybe 2 inches of "stickout" is enough.

back to being off topic, you know why dodge made those bumpers to stick out? go lift your hood and turn around and sit down haha...

That's how Dodge owners do tailgating parties when its -30 out lol.

It was the bare minimum of crush zone they could have to maintain a 5 star frontal crash rating. I'm ok with 4 stars so I don't mind chopping it back a bit. The flat mount of the frame rail itself gives me just about the 2 inches I want. Then there's just the bumper itself that crushes too.

Last edited by FrenicX; 02-02-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-03-2012 | 05:09 AM
Backwoods18
Record Breaker

I actually use mine for that at all the bonfires/feild parties I go to. Of course I have my home made push/light bar and that sticks out even further and takes most of the weight but still, throw a seat cushion down and viola!! lol

Old 02-03-2012 | 10:03 AM
varnerhba
Veteran

im sure they made it like that for a reason you know?

Old 02-03-2012 | 02:22 PM
FrenicX
|
Record Breaker

im sure they made it like that for a reason you know?

Yea... we've established that.

Does anyone know if mbrp sells just mufflers? I can't find it on their site. I might do two mbrps instead of di/do borla..

Old 02-03-2012 | 11:02 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

Does anyone know if mbrp sells just mufflers? I can't find it on their site. I might do two mbrps instead of di/do borla..
I would call them up and ask, I called and asked a few questions before I got my catback system and they were quite helpful.

Old 02-04-2012 | 11:45 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

^^look closely to that collector i ordered a new one from summit racing it was a WOPPING $6.01 HA and a grade 8 collector locking bolt kit. it will be here by friday ill weld it up and post more and better pictures but dude u gotta go dual....cut the cats out its so much meaner....
how do you pass inspection without cats? Especially in Ca? I would love to do that but would fail in a heartbeat.

Quick Reply: Exhaust idea for my next project