3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Hemi Swap 1yr Plan

Old 12-02-2013, 11:35 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok, got the 410s through their break in period and I've started playing around a bit now. HOLY CRAP these are fun!

I was hopping on the freeway in first gear and let the rpms climb reasonably to 3700 or so, then I floored it from there and the tires spun, it settled down and then, still floored, shifted to second and chirped both tires hard, then the 2nd to 3rd shift stuck me in the seat. I was already at 80 and not even on the freeway yet so I let off. And that was on an inclined entrance.

Stock trans, except for line pressure booster. (probably won't last long lol )

I'll be switching to stock rims and tires sometime soon, it will much easier to move those wheels than it is these off road 20s.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:07 PM
onesupermechanico@yahoo.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor mount info

Awesome swap. I think there should 3rd gen Hemis in everything. Try Schumacher Enterprises www.engine-swaps.com or Advanced Adapters for your motor mounts. You may also ,with the right adapters, use old school motor mounts and brackets. In my 03 1500, it has the spool type mounts and it looks like if you got the Grand Cherokee (4.7) frame mounts, you would be able to mock up any combination mount to nearly any vehicle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hemi Swap 1yr Plan