3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Fender Flares

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Alfons
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fender Flares

This spring I'm planning on adding larger wheels which will also be wider than the originals. To compensate for the width I'll be getting a set of rims with a different offset to prevent the rubber from rubbing inside and will be lifting the vehicle with 2" leveling spacers & a 3" body lift to give me the clearance for the tire diameter. What I'm looking for is some suggestions/advise on after market fender flares (probably about 1" or so extension) that would install easily, not get in the way of wide 31 - 32" tires and provide the "rooster tail" coverage - we can get tickets here for spraying water on the highway from rubber extended beyond the fender well.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:26 PM
Reject
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are only 2 Fender flares out for our trucks, OEM Flares, or Bushwhacker ones, as far as I know.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Mopar9610
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in the same boat and am leaning towards the Bushwacker "entend a fender" flares for my 2008 Dakota Crew Cab. They are the only fender flare offered by Bushwacker for the 2005-2011 Dakota. If you are looking for the rugged "bolt hole" look I would suggest trying a different company.

Old 02-28-2012, 08:59 PM
EVguy
Veteran
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Alfons
. What I'm looking for is some suggestions/advise on after market fender flares (probably about 1" or so extension) that would install easily, .
I have the BW flares and they went on easy and look great.
I also did some fender mods and steering stops to get my tires under the truck without a lift. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/members...ums-tires.html
I just installed a 3" body lift and have a 2" leveling kit on the way. Wish I had gone with bigger tires now.
Sort of like 2 footitis with boats.

BFN
Randy

Old 02-28-2012, 11:49 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if you want to clear up to 33" without rubbing and have total coverage...just get fiberglass fenders. just as easy to put on as those sticky tape flares

Old 02-29-2012, 02:01 AM
FrenicX
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by projektdirtfab
if you want to clear up to 33" without rubbing and have total coverage...just get fiberglass fenders. just as easy to put on as those sticky tape flares

is that with your pulled bedsides?

looks awesome!

Old 02-29-2012, 07:13 AM
Alfons
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by projektdirtfab

I like those fenders but since the same manufacturer doesn't offer a "bolt on" rear fender to complement the front, you either need to do the work on the rear yourself or have a weird looking truck. I had considered getting the front fenders but can't get very enthusiastic about the the work needed to either fabricate or "pull out" the rear fenders & then repaint the truck. I've been toying with the idea of making a fiberglass mold to make something of my own - I'm not sure I'll have the time to do that this spring before adding a body lift and larger wheels, so maybe I'll just settle for the Bushwacker flares - at least on an interim basis.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:15 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by FrenicX
is that with your pulled bedsides?

looks awesome!
no thats way back when i first put the fenders on. once i get the front and rear bumpers done ill put up a good pic.

were working with Hannemann fiberglass on a set of bedsides but chances are theyll be custom made just for us so i dont know what his plans are for releasing them to the public. they arent hard to make. just hard to make look good.

but im going to take some measurements for the 05+ ram bedsides. might just custom fit those to my truck

Old 02-29-2012, 05:47 PM
Mopar9610

Does anybody know if there is a company that offers a fender fare similar to the "cut out" flare by bushwacker? I know they only offer the "extend a fender" for our 2005-2011 dakotas and I do like it but I was going for a pure off-road look and would love the "Bolt-On" look. Thanks.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:37 AM
4XANDY

I cant find fender flares for Ext cab dakotas, can any one help? why only quad cab?

Quick Reply: Fender Flares