3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Mopar dyno day SLC

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 12:01 PM
thunder98110
Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

check fuel pressure.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:50 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 04-02-2012, 06:45 PM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool videos brother..wait til you go back next year. Tailgate looks good, I was waiting for you to debadge haha BTW anyone know when there might be a dyno day in the Boston area? I want to run my truck after I do the e-fan..I think if i brought it to a dyno I would throw on the performance tune and rune 93 octane to have the best numbers possible

Old 04-02-2012, 10:17 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 06Dak4.7Silver
Cool videos brother..wait til you go back next year. Tailgate looks good, I was waiting for you to debadge haha BTW anyone know when there might be a dyno day in the Boston area? I want to run my truck after I do the e-fan..I think if i brought it to a dyno I would throw on the performance tune and rune 93 octane to have the best numbers possible
Thanks man, yea now I just need a rollpan with my shotgun pokin out of it. door spears are going too, but man those are going to be tough. it took forever to debadge that tailgate, especially the ram head. It came off in tiny pieces...

I'm going to take pics of my efan install tonight, I think I did it pretty good. Just need some loom.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:08 AM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude rollpan and those halo headlights and I think your truck would look great..did you follow Hammer's writeup for the debadge? I just heat it up with a blowdryer and spray adhesive remover around the emblem and then use a flathead with electrical tape over it or the fishing line to get behind there..all my stuff broke when I took it off too except for the V8 Magnum emblem, that's on my passenger side dashboard now door spears shouldnt be that bad but of course you don't want to break them..get each side loose and work your way towards the middle. here's your best friend if you didn't already pick one up

http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Pneumati...3426084&sr=8-1

Old 04-03-2012, 02:51 AM
FrenicX
Record Breaker

OH MAN! FISHING LINE?! like a cheese cutter, why didn't I think of that... lol. I searched for literally 30 minutes for his "proper way to debadge" and for some reason I couldn't find it.

I used rubbing alcohol which softened the adhesive up pretty well, but it wasn't able to penetrate the ram head. It's a normal badge, glued to an acrylic black backplate with tons of surface area. Finally getting sticky gunk off was a pain too, rubbing alcohol just didn't have enough umph. I didn't want to chance using anything else on the paint without that write-up.

Actually, the only thing that broke for good was the Dakota letters. I have SLT, V8 mag, and the chrome part to the ram head that survived.

I might just try that Astro doohicky, thanks for the link

... fishing line

Last edited by FrenicX; 04-03-2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:56 AM
scjeep4.7HO
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I havea emblem eraser. It's a soft rubber like pad that you chuck into your cordles drill and it basically rubs it off and doesn't hurt your paint. It takes off all the left over glue and everything. It works fantastic.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:29 PM
wingman_214
Veteran

SLC my old stomping grounds. I grew up in rose park by Redwood road and 10th North and went to high school at West High in down town SLC.

Running low dyno numbers isn't a reason to cry. It give you a goal and an excuse to tell the misses.

Old 04-05-2012, 02:35 AM
FrenicX
Record Breaker

Oh no, no real cryin' here, just an expression. I hope to double those power numbers some day.. I'll be pretty damn close once I get this project done.

What years did you go to West high? I had cousins that bounced around all the northern valley high schools and Jr highs. I'm out of Magna myself, livin in Sandy now. Didn't really get much highschool time under my belt, but what little I did was at Cyprus in 99-00 or so.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 PM
wingman_214
Veteran

I started in the 98-99 school year and went untill christmas break 99 when we moved to north Texas.

Originally Posted by FrenicX
Oh no, no real cryin' here, just an expression. I hope to double those power numbers some day.. I'll be pretty damn close once I get this project done.

What years did you go to West high? I had cousins that bounced around all the northern valley high schools and Jr highs. I'm out of Magna myself, livin in Sandy now. Didn't really get much highschool time under my belt, but what little I did was at Cyprus in 99-00 or so.

Quick Reply: Mopar dyno day SLC