3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Add rear seats for 08 dak st

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 01:14 AM
DaksAndYaks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Add rear seats for 08 dak st

My 2008 dakota st has only two bucket seats in the front and nothing in the back by the access doors. I was wondering if anyone who had the same situation has added seats in the back or how much it would cost. I had trouble finding the actual seat and parts on the dodge website. any help would be appreciated.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Moltenburn
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me say I have a 06 ST w/ the seats, don't waste your time. I six year old couldn't make use of those seats even if you tried. they are as useless a Club cab I have ever seen.

Old 05-29-2012, 02:03 PM
MitsuRaider
All Star

I agree with molten. The only way to sit back there is sideways. Might as well throw a couple of pillows back there. Hey maybe they sell dodge pillows

Old 05-29-2012, 03:23 PM
norma jean
Captain

Originally Posted by MitsuRaider
I agree with molten. The only way to sit back there is sideways. Might as well throw a couple of pillows back there. Hey maybe they sell dodge pillows
i have one seat in and one out, for a person to sit on the seat is quite tight, but the side with out the seat looks a tad more roomier with a pillow as stated

Old 05-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Reject
Record Breaker

I fit people back there ALL the time, Not roomy but Ive had 2 adults back there. The one the sat behind me was SOL I wasnt movin my seat haha. But sideways other then little kids is the only way.
I miss my 2k it atleast had a bench seat in the back, I might mod mine into a bench (with the center part smaller, not stickin out as far). If I dont build a console for between them.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:02 AM
DaksAndYaks

Thanks for all the responses guys looks like im just going to grab some pillows or seat cushions from gander hah they have a pretty big selection

Old 06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
dlngr

I removed my rear seats because it's so tight back there.[05] I stored them and will put them back in if I sell the truck. It sure seems like the '99 excab had a little more room in that area!

Old 06-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Reject
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dlngr
I removed my rear seats because it's so tight back there.[05] I stored them and will put them back in if I sell the truck. It sure seems like the '99 excab had a little more room in that area!
The 05+ Actually has a bigger cab. I dont know where that extra room is, its not back there for sure as hell. My 2k seemed to have more room to, and it was also a Bench seat.
We had 6 people in my old 2k at one point, Since it said it seated 6 LOL

Old 06-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

I actually removed my rear seats, I can't see how anyone older than 6 could possibly fit back there. Can't remember if I kept them or sold them, if I kept them they're probably on a shelf somewhere in my parents shop.

Quick Reply: Add rear seats for 08 dak st