3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Cruise control??

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 11:45 AM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control??

Hey guys....it's been a while since i posted here...been working a lot since my divorce was final last April..since then it's been an adventure...hahaha...

I got a problem, the cruise control on my 07' Dak stopped working last saturday, it will turn on the indicator light on the panel but will not set the speed...

Now, since tuesday, there is no light turning on the panel and still nothing works on the cruise control....i checked the fuse box and couldn't find a fuse for the cruise control....i read something about a vaccum line leaking but when i look under the hood i have no idea of what to look for....i don't even know where the cruise control module is on my truck.....lmao

Any insight on this will be really appreciated....

Thanks.....

Old 07-26-2012, 02:58 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

dude, who are you??? LOL....welcome back man...I have no clue about the cc, but hopefully someone will chime in...glad she didn't get the truck...

Old 07-26-2012, 03:49 PM
erau
Veteran
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dakota_raven
i read something about a vaccum line leaking but when i look under the hood i have no idea of what to look for....i don't even know where the cruise control module is on my truck.....lmao

Any insight on this will be really appreciated....

Thanks.....
There was a thread here awhile back that discussed cruise control installations, but it also mentioned that the 2007 and later models had electronically-controlled throttles, so therefore there wouldn't be any additional cables/vacuum lines/servo to look for. It's all computer-controlled right down to the throttle.

Do your brake lights function normally? If not, it could be a faulty microswitch on your brake pedal which would also send a "braking" condition to the cruise control software (cruise won't set).

Or perhaps the left-side rocker switch on the steering wheel is going bad...

Old 07-26-2012, 04:16 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jkeaton
dude, who are you??? LOL....welcome back man...I have no clue about the cc, but hopefully someone will chime in...glad she didn't get the truck...
hahaha.....that's funny J.....
my truck was the only thing she didn't get....lmao......

All kidding aside i was missing you guys already!!

Old 07-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Reject
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it a 6 speed? or Auto. If its auto, id go with erau's thing. But if its a 6 speed it could be a clutch issue.
Im unsure of dodge manual transmissions, but All the ones ive drove if you even slightly touch the clutch it turn off CC, just like if you touch the brakes. (which is how I turn it off in my works Caravans.

There might be a fuse or relay, but where it is a Electronic thing, I cant overly see it.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:19 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by erau
There was a thread here awhile back that discussed cruise control installations, but it also mentioned that the 2007 and later models had electronically-controlled throttles, so therefore there wouldn't be any additional cables/vacuum lines/servo to look for. It's all computer-controlled right down to the throttle.

Do your brake lights function normally? If not, it could be a faulty microswitch on your brake pedal which would also send a "braking" condition to the cruise control software (cruise won't set).

Or perhaps the left-side rocker switch on the steering wheel is going bad...
Erau, thanks for the info....i'm going to have to call the service dept. at my dealership to see if they have any ideas before i drop her for service!!!

Old 07-26-2012, 04:29 PM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

Reject.....is an automatic....

Old 07-27-2012, 02:34 AM
marcsnyder05
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

08+ is when they went to electric throttle 07 have cables I would check the cable then I would check the vacuum thingy that is down by where the stock air box is.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:30 AM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by marcsnyder05
08+ is when they went to electric throttle 07 have cables I would check the cable then I would check the vacuum thingy that is down by where the stock air box is.
Marc....i thought about that, thanks!!

But what i can't figure out is why there is no power on the button? Now it won't even turn on....

Old 08-14-2012, 09:37 AM
dakota_raven
Record Breaker

Well, after a couple of days of this post i got a check engine light on....took her to autozone and they check with the code reader and guess what??

The brake pedal switch was bad...bought it, changed it and they cleared the check engine light and now my cruise control is working again!
!

Quick Reply: Cruise control??