3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Rear Wheel Dakota MPG - 4.7 6 Speed vs 3.7 6 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 09:20 AM
madredr1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaKoCuN

X2 everything looks black to me
Yeah, I don't know if it's the trim package or if the previous owner did it, but the front bumper is black, rear bumper is black, grille is black, and all the trim is black. The only thing that's not are the headlight bezels.

I have my cart on amazon loaded up with a black set of tailights, black bezel headlights, and a smoke led third tailight, just not sure I wanna drop the 400 bucks to complete it. It looks like swapping out the headlights might be a big pain in the ***.

It's either that stuff or a cat back system, i'm torn...

Old 01-25-2013, 11:46 AM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

The headlights are a simple swap, 3 screws and pull it out forward. That's assuming you talking of the night runner headlights. If you're getting the ones with halos and LEDs, then you have some additional wiring to do, but it shouldn't be difficult.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:43 PM
madredr1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dakotaff
The headlights are a simple swap, 3 screws and pull it out forward. That's assuming you talking of the night runner headlights. If you're getting the ones with halos and LEDs, then you have some additional wiring to do, but it shouldn't be difficult.
Yeah, just the night runner ones...i figured getting to the bolts would be a pain, thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Rear Wheel Dakota MPG - 4.7 6 Speed vs 3.7 6 Speed