3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

front end still shaking

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Greatrack2012
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **update**

Well did the rotation with no luck on getting rid of the shake. But with doing all control arms and my discs and pads it feels much better. So my next step is new tie rods ( cause the ball joint is gone ) and also new new sway bar links because some of the bushing are splitting. Then I will put new tires on and an alignment,

I also just learned that yesterday that I'm supposed to replace my spark plugs at 30k km and
60 k km (when I bought the truck it was used so never saw the owners manual ). So I will be doing all of them also. Would that have anything to do with my sh!tter then normal gas mileage?

so I have a question? Does anyone now the parts number for the moog tie rod end ( greaseable if the exist )

Also does anyone know the parts number for the plugs or can I just go to napa ( or some were else ) and get em cheap and is there any particular brand I should look for?

thank you for the help ahead.

Last edited by Greatrack2012; 09-26-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:50 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Champion copper core spark plugs. Dont put platinum or anything else. Truck will run like crap. Check rock auto for the tie rods.. They have the moog problem solver series which are greasable.

Old 09-26-2013, 01:55 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatrack2012
Well did the rotation with no luck on getting rid of the shake. But with doing all control arms and my discs and pads it feels much better. So my next step is new tie rods ( cause the ball joint is gone ) and also new new sway bar links because some of the bushing are splitting. Then I will put new tires on and an alignment,

I also just learned that yesterday that I'm supposed to replace my spark plugs at 30k km and
60 k km (when I bought the truck it was used so never saw the owners manual ). So I will be doing all of them also. Would that have anything to do with my sh!tter then normal gas mileage?

so I have a question? Does anyone now the parts number for the moog tie rod end ( greaseable if the exist )

Also does anyone know the parts number for the plugs or can I just go to napa ( or some were else ) and get em cheap and is there any particular brand I should look for?

thank you for the help ahead.
Yes, old plugs will effect mileage. When you replace them be sure to unhook the battery to reset the computer, too. I am using basic NGK 6987. They are about $2.50 or less, each. Don't get wrapped up into any of the fancy plugs. They arent worth the hassle or expense IMO. These trucks do not respond any better to anything other than the basic coppers.

As for the Moog tie rods, the part number is MOOG Part # ES3571 I am not sure if they still have the zerk or not, I thought some guys were claiming they weren't installed and some were... Idk

Old 09-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Greatrack2012
Professional

Moog K750263 does anyone know if this is the parts # for 5he sway bar links.

I know these are a lot of questions. I thank you all for your patience and help. Im learning as I ago if you haven't guessed yet lol

Old 09-26-2013, 03:00 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes they are the end links for our trucks. Rockauto.com has them for $15.66 plus whatever shipping is.

Don't worry about the questions. Besides friendships and meeting others with the same hobbies, this is what we are here for. Just be weary of that donkeypunch or jkeaton character...

Old 09-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Greatrack2012
Professional

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02
Yes they are the end links for our trucks. Rockauto.com has them for $15.66 plus whatever shipping is.

Don't worry about the questions. Besides friendships and meeting others with the same hobbies, this is what we are here for. Just be weary of that donkeypunch or jkeaton character...
Awesome thanks. I've gotta say the guys on here have given me more help then my local dealer that's for sure.

Lol ok will do

Old 09-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Greatrack2012
Professional

Well I'm gonna head up to napa and get some $ quotes and see if there cheaper or if cheaper to go on line

Old 09-26-2013, 03:44 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by lghtngblt02

Look whos calling who a character.....

Old 09-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Greatrack2012
Professional
Default **update**

Well I went to napa with not much luck they wanted $74 a piece for tie rod ends that were anything close to moogs that were grease-able and that was after he gave me a commercial discount. But I did manage to get moogs from Amazon for $104. Also no luck on sway bar links from napa they want $45 a piece and found them on amazon for $21. But they wouldn't ship to me for some reason. I also had the same problem with the fog light bulbs i was trying order.Ill try ebay or another parts store. I didn't go with rock auto cause they wanted to much for shipping.

I also got my spark plugs today from napa. Made sure they weren't premium plugs. They were $4.50 or something like that a piece

Old 09-29-2013, 06:04 PM
dan983
Amateur
Question 08 2500 Ram 6.7 4x4 Exact same thing?

Originally Posted by raymondmc822
I have 96 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 5.9 L and I get a strong shaking and vibrations at about 50 MPH. If I speed up a little bit it will stop if I slow down a little bit it will stop if I put the transmission in Neutral while driving and shaking the shaking stops. I am at complete loss as to what is causing the Very rough shaking. I have taken the truck to several mechanics and they have put it up on the lift and inpected it throughly. As a result of their advice I have done the following to try and fix the problem:

1. Changed out tires and ballanced

2. had new universal Joints Installed on drive shaft at reputable Off Road Shop

3. replaced track bar with a new one/

4. replaced Steering Damper Shock absorber

The above changes did not fix the problem I still have the same shaking at about 50 to 55 MPH. I wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem and what they did to fix it. I really can't drive the truck with this problem It is that bad. I really need to get it fixed so I can use this vehicle. Oh let me mention the vehicle has been sitting and not been driven in 2 and 1/2 years. It had a fuel pump probem and would not start I fixed that along with other things and had hoped to be driving the truck by now but cannot comfortably do that with this vibration and shaking problem.
I'm experiencing the exact same problem. It started prior to my changing and balancing new wheels so I know it's not a wheel or tire problem. My mechanic looked and said all looked fine?

Please let me know your solution! Thank you

Quick Reply: front end still shaking