3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Lower Control Arm Bolts Unavailable...Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 08:22 PM
bergz22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read your post before. Thanks for your help. I have everything ready, new lower arms, new struts w/ springs, new strut lower bolt and nut, all the nuts and washers for lower arms. Just need bolts.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:32 AM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bergz22
I've read your post before. Thanks for your help. I have everything ready, new lower arms, new struts w/ springs, new strut lower bolt and nut, all the nuts and washers for lower arms. Just need bolts.
I'm waiting for a response from a supplier that I emailed yesterday about the bolts. I'd rather help you find the actual parts than have you pay as much as you might end up paying for custom parts. But I'll also get the shipping quote Tomorrow for the one bolt, just in case.

Hopefully I hear back about the bolts sooner rather than later.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:42 AM
bergz22

Alright, let me know what you find out.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:21 AM
rbnaslt
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same problem on my Raider. Checked with Mitsu Dealer, said the same thing, "backordered". I'm parking it until I can get the new Bolts and Struts. Too much bouncing.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Alfons
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The parts manual in the sticky on this forum contains all Mopar part numbers. I took the page on the front suspension to a local dealership and with that part number (06508211AA), I was able to get the 4 bolts I needed. The nuts and associated washer I needed to reuse, but that was OK with me. See if that helps you. Mopar usually has various central customer service locations where you can let them know what you "think" or ask for guidance, etc. This might be helpful since it's their screwed up inventory that makes these trucks almost unfixable & really could be considered a safety issue by Chrysler - you should be able to get a contact number from the local dealership

In addition, the bushings for the lower control arm (3 bushings per & 2 types) also aren't available from this inventory system.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:46 PM
bergz22

I have been in contact with corporate. Their answer is maybe January. This is why I have to to go to a machine shop once I get one bolt to copy.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:24 PM
bergz22

And I'm getting tired of paying for a rental car, and dodge doesn't have an answer or solution. I'm sure there are a lot of trucks sitting, as of today over 240 bolts are on order, with no eta from corporate.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:29 PM
bergz22

I'll never buy a Chrysler product again, I should have learned my lesson when the trans in my 05 grand Cherokee exploded with 30k miles. I was on cruise control on the way back from minnessota doing 70 when wham!!!! Engine red lined, hit the brakes and pulled to the shoulder. Get out trans fluid all over, small fires under the hood. Had it towed to a local dealership, had to pay for my own rental to get back home which Chrysler refused to pay for. Jeep was still under warranty. Shop called and said they dropped the trans pan and the whole trans fell out on the shop floor, it grenaded. Never again buy any type of Chrysler product.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:16 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

This site seems to have the parts available. I've ordered from them in the past.

Click on the image on 'the bolt' page and zoom to see all of the parts.

The bolt
The washer
The nut

Old 11-08-2013, 07:38 PM
bergz22

No, no one here is understanding me. These bolts have been on backorder for at least two months and are still for at least another two months. I've been in contact with every local dealer, had them run searches. And as I've said in previous posts, I've talked with corporate. I've even called Canada dealerships.

Last edited by bergz22; 11-09-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Lower Control Arm Bolts Unavailable...Help