3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Upper control arm bolts size/length/grade

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 12:33 PM
Smokeykurt
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upper control arm bolts size/length/grade

I'm replacing a good bit of suspension components on my 2005 Dodge Dakota (4wd, 3.7L). It's looking like i'll likely have to cut the upper control arm bolts out to get them off (very, very rusted). Even if I'm lucky enough to get them off without cutting them out, i'm probably gonna wanna replace the bolts anyway.

Does anybody know the size/length/grade etc. of those upper control arm bolts? I'm assuming a grade 8 would do it. Thanks in advance!

Old 05-08-2018, 03:00 PM
daktwos
Professional
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

M14-2.0 x 90mm flange head

Old 05-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Smokeykurt
Rookie

Originally Posted by daktwos
M14-2.0 x 90mm flange head
Thanks much sir. I literally just got them out of the one side with great effort, and yeah, i'm gonna need new ones even though i didn't need to cut them. Threads are all jacked and one of the nuts stripped (the metal ear was rusted out/useless...used a plumbing wrench to hold the nut to get it off which worked thankfully). Any good place to order those online?

My local advanced auto parts doesn't have them. I have a tractor supply near by though so I might be able to find them there. I'd rather not go to a stealership if i can avoid it lol. I'm hoping they come out a bit easier on the other side...we'll see!

Old 05-08-2018, 10:04 PM
daktwos
Professional

It is not a common metric size.There are industrial and fastener suppliers that can get them for you such as MSC,MC Master-Carr,Grainger,Fastenal just to name a few.
You can look up the Mopar part number in the parts fiche and then go back on the internet and do a search for that part number to find best price and availability.Lots of Mopar parts departments do business online.ymmv

Old 05-09-2018, 12:09 PM
Smokeykurt
Rookie

Originally Posted by daktwos
It is not a common metric size.There are industrial and fastener suppliers that can get them for you such as MSC,MC Master-Carr,Grainger,Fastenal just to name a few.
You can look up the Mopar part number in the parts fiche and then go back on the internet and do a search for that part number to find best price and availability.Lots of Mopar parts departments do business online.ymmv
Unfortunately, when looking up the upper control arm parts, i'm not seeing a part number for the bolt. It's listed there as item 4, but isn't in the parts section: https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/a...ntrol-arm-scat

Unless i'm looking in the wrong spot/site for the part number. Looking on ebay though i'm seeing some options. Think these would do it? https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Flange-Bo...s/301847961211 they match the specs mentioned I think. I'll check out the industrial suppliers sites you mentioned as well. Thanks again for the help!

Old 05-09-2018, 01:42 PM
northgator8
All Star
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokeykurt
Unfortunately, when looking up the upper control arm parts, i'm not seeing a part number for the bolt. It's listed there as item 4, but isn't in the parts section: https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/a...ntrol-arm-scat

Unless i'm looking in the wrong spot/site for the part number. Looking on ebay though i'm seeing some options. Think these would do it? https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Flange-Bo...s/301847961211 they match the specs mentioned I think. I'll check out the industrial suppliers sites you mentioned as well. Thanks again for the help!

Number 1 and 2!

Old 05-09-2018, 02:05 PM
daktwos
Professional

Not all Mopar parts fiches are created equal.I like to use moparpartsgiant,the one you used is not a factory oem parts fiche,just a generic one and there's a big difference.The one listed above by Gator is fine,items 1 and 2 is what you want.Grab the part numbers and search the web for the best deal.

Last edited by daktwos; 05-09-2018 at 02:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
JustRay (04-16-2021)
Old 05-09-2018, 04:35 PM
Smokeykurt
Rookie

Awesome stuff guys! Much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Upper control arm bolts size/length/grade