3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

2006 Dodge Dakota Information, Specs & Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 10:10 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2006 Dodge Dakota Information, Specs & Pics

I saw the Mitsu Raider this morning on my way into work. Now that's an ugly truck. I hate to think that they were trying to make it look a lot like the Dakota. The front end doesn't look good, the rear end looks odd, and the side.... well, everyone has an opinion.

I had a sales manager at Mitsubishi come running up to my truck when I pulled. He was asking me about my truck and then commenced trashing the Raider. That was too funny. Then he told me I look like Tim Robbins from Shaw Shank Redemption. LOL

What an insult.[:'(]

Old 12-29-2005, 07:05 PM
DakotaStone
Champion

I noticed at the dealership that the regular 4.7 has been boosted up five more HPs. I wonder what it was they did to boot the power? Was it in the exhaust? Did they get rid of one of the resonators?

Old 01-05-2006, 08:12 PM
cjwr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS
hey, does anyone know where i can get one of these center dash things in light gray like this picture? i hate the fake wood one in my 05. thanks.

Old 02-15-2006, 01:14 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

Check with your dealer, it may be an aftermarket feature. Also our vendors may have it.

-Matt-

Old 02-15-2006, 04:11 AM
snobrdrdan
Captain

You need to get the VIN number off aDakota that has the center/radio bezel you want and then the dealer can find that exact part number

Old 03-01-2006, 04:54 AM
saroni

I have owned a '05 SLT Quad Cab 2WD 4.7L V8 (Magnum) Dakota for over a year now. 8,500 miles and still going strong. Knocking on wood - never been to the shop. I absolutely love it. I too hate the fake wooden plate in the center, bad move on Dodge's part, but nice to see there is the possibility of a replacement.

Other than that - great ride! The lines on the front did have to grow on me. I opted for the Full Metal jacket bed liner from SPI and as opposed to Dodge's drop-in. Adding a tonneau and some other goodies. No complaints here- I'm extremely happy with my purchase, only regret I have is not waiting for the larger V8 engine. I don't need Dodge's "theme" packages though --- make it your own!

Scott

Old 03-11-2006, 12:40 PM
boobajuice

I love my R/T...I don't regret it for a minute. This is the best sounding truck I've ever heard from factory. Maybe it is the big pipe coming out of the resonator or the fact that it only has one resonator (is that just an 06 thing since I believe the 05's have two or is it an R/T thing?). It sounds better than the Laramie I test drove (which was a nice ride, but did not have the HO). I've been really impressed with the truck so far. The R/T sticker at my dealer was less than the Laramies but with the HO. I really didn't want leather etc in a truck so decided on the QC R/T. Plus got an outstanding deal...

Old 03-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Glk21C
Professional

my 06 Laramie HO has only one resonator at the tailpipe. I believe the HO's only have one resonator where as the std 4.7's have two. I plan on removing my resonator and just have the 2-1/2" tailpipe out of the muffler with an approx. 3" diax12" L SS polished tip welded to the end. I tested the truck with the resonator not in place, had the low growl I was looking for without being obnoxious.

Old 03-17-2006, 08:49 PM
DakotaStone
Champion

I left the one in so I wouldn't have all of the noise inside the cab. It's straight through and he said there wouldn't be any less hp to it. I still have a nice low growl though. I love it.

Old 07-01-2006, 01:23 AM
JohhnieB

Have the Solar Yellow Quad Cab R/T. (A.K.A. Top Banana as listed on the Dodge dealers Website)

Looked at a lot of SLT's and Larimie's with both the V6 and V8. Took me about a week to finally decide, but I went with the looks, and the sound.

The HO had a better sound, and the looks of the bright yellow truck harkened me back to the days of the original Top Banana Charger I drooled over as a teen.

Now I just need to know what Mods I can pull on this baby easily. Intake, chip, exhaust....

[IMG]local://upfiles/38504/B10B97EE61C7411D8A0999CB8150E24D.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Dakota Information, Specs & Pics