3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

2006 Dodge Dakota Information, Specs & Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 01:39 AM
SRT4x4
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Dodge Dakota Information, Specs & Pics

Welcome... sweet ride... lovin the yellow

I am not one to talk to about mods, but lots of people ask a lot of mod questions all the time.. you might want to try the search button up top, you will get answers quicker

How about some interior pics? I have never seen an R/T interior..

Old 07-01-2006, 08:51 AM
Deer Hunter
Veteran

ORIGINAL: cjwr

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS
hey, does anyone know where i can get one of these center dash things in light gray like this picture? i hate the fake wood one in my 05. thanks.
hey, i have that gray center. it was already in the truck. the salesman said he ordered one for his 05 from the parts and accessories dept. 'cause he liked it better than the wood in his truck.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:22 PM
RMUDBUGS
Professional

Get the awsome truck with out the ugly fat front lip(bumper), buy a Mitsubishi Raider. I love mine but you could not give me that ugly Dakota....

Old 07-22-2006, 02:28 AM
RallyRaider

Wow, shows how much attention I pay to things like some of the differences in the dash design between the Dak and Raider. Must say that I do like look of the RT hood. RMUDBUGS, try to be nice since these guys have been nice in not giving us Raider owners much grief on these boards.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:57 AM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't recall any part of this site with a raider section. Raiders are still much uglier, if not the ugliest truck out there. I love my dak... oh yeah, I believe I heard something about Mitsu discontinuing the Raider.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:12 PM
RMUDBUGS
Professional

Din't mean to ruffle any feathers. I just can't stand the way the front bumper sticks out. The 04 Dakota looked much better in the front. The Raider / Dakota is basicly the same thing, so maybe they should rename it Dakota/Raider forum.

Old 07-29-2006, 04:39 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

I don't care for the silver cheap plastic look of the 06 center bezel. I'm changing mine to after market carbon fiber over lays.

[IMG]local://upfiles/40810/D7752993EA6047E0B3057DF22FA74B64.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-02-2006, 12:36 AM
Blu_Dak
Veteran

ORIGINAL: RMUDBUGS The Raider / Dakota is basicly the same thing, so maybe they should rename it Dakota/Raider forum.
That's pretty funny..........Not!

Ok aside from that,I kinda like the carbon fiber look for the center bezel that should of been an option vs standard silver.I honestly think the silver looks so cheesy...Now I know this is a truck not a street racerbut come-on that pre-stamped silver looks bad.I opted for the wood grain in my SLT V8 Tow PKG Quad........EVERYTHING but 17"& leather.(my.02)

I like the look of the H.O.I think there really sharp looking not to mention the hood I wish the hood was functional,I would buy one and put a C.A.I.

Today I hit 20K on my 05 and couldn't be happyer w/ it,I wish you new Guys w/ your 06 RT's the best of luck.........................

Blu_

Old 08-02-2006, 08:23 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

Yep the carbon fiber is the way to go especially if you have the gray interior. The silver center bezel in reviews where found to stand out as cheap looking and I agree. Also if you have the gray interior you may find that it scuffs easily and leaves marks like from a cell phone that may catch the B pillar vinyl scratching and leaving a bad look. I found that the vinyl is all actual painted color and not through. The dealer has interior paint so when or if you order a new vinyl interior part it would need to be color keyed anyway. The paint works really well hiding scratches and scuffs.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Kerrbear219
Professional

I'll have to post a pic of what I have done to my 06 SLT...may make you reconsider paying for an R/T. I originally went in wanting the R/T but when I was told I could have only black yellow or red and not all the features I was looking for....I decided to get the SLT and add options to make it sportier. I will be installing the Flowmaster 50 cat back on it this Friday. I will post it then.

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Dakota Information, Specs & Pics