3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Screaming Idle

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 06:35 PM
joaa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screaming Idle

08 Dakota with a 4.7 engine it just started this. As soon as its starts its at 4 to 6 thousand rpm. P0113 is the only code I got from it Air intake temperature sensor.
I dont see how this could cause it to run rampant but still a problem Im thinking it acts like the accelerator position sensor on the floorboard.
Your thoughts or Ideas appreciated

Old 02-07-2019, 07:35 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,207 Likes on 2,959 Posts

Clean the throttle body first. Actually take it off, and give it a thorough cleaning.

Old 02-09-2019, 11:33 AM
joaa

Thought about that and took off the air inlet assy. and the throttle was completely closed so a friend fired it up and it opened wide open for the split second the key was on. This is why I'm holding with the accelerator position sensor theory.
I was hoping for someone whos had the problem before to tell me how to test the system. Thanks for the idea.
Im also going on the thought the sensor/switch is also the gas pedal and its Iowa and shoes caked with snow Hmmmm ya suppose?

Old 03-04-2019, 08:00 AM
joaa

Found my problem! After checking everything I could think of I was going to remove the accelerator pedal assembly since the snow is now all melted on the floorboard.
Once I got my fat *** under the dash what do I see. Weather tech floor mat(brand new last Christmas) has somehow gotten atop the accelerator pedal. Removed the mat and all's fine now.

Old 03-04-2019, 09:40 PM
dakotaff
Champion
Received 81 Likes on 78 Posts

Glad to see that you figured out the cause, simple as it was.

Quick Reply: Screaming Idle