3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

compass thing

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 01:49 PM
06dak
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: compass thing

I second that -I want HOMELINK! Though, it would be a bit strange to have that blank screen up there... If it's prewired, would it be ALL wired or not wired? I would think it should have a harness for everything (temp, fuel eco, power) rather than just some things. Of course, the wires may need to nowhere, but if it's prewired it'd all be up there, right? Or is that info send wirelessly? Hmmm...

Old 01-24-2007, 03:04 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

it's sent through wires...i can just see it being wireless, and the transmissions accidentally crossing other cars with wireless information receivers, and the person's MPG display keeps flipping back and forth from like 30mpg to 15mpg, freakin out like that...just a funny thought lol

Old 01-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

Or passing in opposite directions and having the compass freak out. It is wired, not wireless for the compass, avg mpg, current, mpg, trip, outside temp, miles until empty.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:53 PM
ezegoin

This is something that I've been thinking about doing too and it has apparently been successfully done before. I found a thread on dodgetalk.com that discusses it.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/show...erhead+console

I'm trying to get some more detailed info on this. As soon as I it, I'll post it.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:39 AM
06dak
Rookie

Huh? www.***.com? Sorry, I'm missing something...

Old 01-25-2007, 01:54 AM
ezegoin

OK, that's wierd, it won't let me put a url in w/o it being replaced with ****.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/show...erhead+console

where **** is dodge talk no space between dodge and talk (it didn't like the one word either)[:@]

Can anyone enlighten me on what I'm doing wrong w/ posting links? Thanks.

Old 01-25-2007, 02:54 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's a competing dodge forum, theydont like the linking onn this forum to another.

that make sense?

Old 01-25-2007, 02:55 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

i believe this site edits out other sites not in cooperation with this site, aka compeditors

Old 01-25-2007, 02:55 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

damn frenchy beat me to it, your post wasnt there when i read the thread [:@]

Old 01-25-2007, 08:50 AM
ezegoin

That's what I figured. I skimmed through the service manual last night trying to figure out the different components required to make this work. One of the requirements for getting the outside air temp was having the outside air temp sensor. I did a quick check for it to see if my truck was equiped and it was. It's located (facing truck) to the lower right side of the radiator. There should be a cable bundle w/ 2 wires coming towards the center of the truck about 10" or so from over by the headlight. You cant miss it if you have it.

Here is the what the guy Munster from a site not to be spoken of said.

"Well here is what i have learned (kind of the hard way) not really that bad to do just need to gather a few things. The connector for all the trip and mileage goodies is loacated in the right pilar. all u need is the overhead console, the braket that it attaches to which is screwed to the roof and the wire harness from the overhead unit across the roof and down into the a pilar. if u can not get the wire harness u just need to run 4 wires to make it work can b bus - which is white and can b bus+ red which is power and black which is ground it will all work which i know for a fact. The problem is cutting the headliner and finding somone who will take the time to get the necessary parts ie pigtail and or harness and mounting bracket."

Quick Reply: compass thing