3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

compass thing

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default compass thing

do any of you have this compass thing? found this off a night runner on ebay. im assuming the black part is for nr's only, am i right? well that doesnt matter. but besides a compass, does this have temp and mpg? what else does it have? and how much do you think it would be to buy it from my dealer and have them install it?

i just have 2 little gay lights and was wondering about this and now i found it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/46457/869F859A934148F08AD545B19D1F9815.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/46457/D923933FBA0D49ABB727807772CD74C9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-22-2007, 10:57 PM
alohn2000
Default RE: compass thing

I've got exactly that on mine, its a base SLT package with a few things I special ordered, but I dont remember having to ask for the information center added, unless it was part of the interior conveniance package with the satalite radio..?

And yea, it had compass, temp, mpg, and miles to empty. The center buttons with the dots are for programming differant remotes, like garage door opener, if you want.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

i dont have satalite radio so maybe thats it. idk, either way, id like to get that. edit-im going to get it, just a matter of time. i guess this weekend ill stop by my local dodge and get a quote for the part and install, and make sure it has the black buttons to go with the nr theme. how much do you guys think the part is and how much do you think install would be?

edit
is there another modle of the overhead thing

Old 01-22-2007, 11:12 PM
alohn2000

Not sure on price, but if all the trucks are prewired for it, I'd think it would be pretty easy. If its not wired for it already, then a little trickier, need wiring pigtails for hookups and stuff, but still do-able.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, it's part of the overhead convenience package. I think that's what it was when I ordered it.

I have it, and it has NOTHING to do with the satellite radio addition.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Night_Runner
Champion

well if its pre wired, then it should be easy enough and can be done in just a few minutes, why waste 50 bucks

is there anything besides the console for the overhead convienance package? also, do you know if they come prewired?

Old 01-23-2007, 12:15 AM
Drakkon
Professional

from what I've heard on previous models NONE of it is prewired. It will work off the power from the lamps that are up there but you wont be able to get the milage, or any of the calculated information. The direction and temp sensors should be included though and will work as its just attached. From what i hear its not even something you can get installed after the fact as it would require running a buncha wires that arent there if you dont have them already.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:35 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: Drakkon

from what I've heard on previous models NONE of it is prewired. It will work off the power from the lamps that are up there but you wont be able to get the milage, or any of the calculated information. The direction and temp sensors should be included though and will work as its just attached. From what i hear its not even something you can get installed after the fact as it would require running a buncha wires that arent there if you dont have them already.
damn, are u kiddin? it looks good, and the temp and compass is nice, but if i cant get any of the calculated info, mgp/miles to empty, then urgh. i really want one, guess ill have to just wait till this weekend to talk to my dealer to see if i can get it or not[sm=insomnia.gif]

i mean, if i have to add wires, thats probally just a harness right? so then i could buy the overhead console and the harness, then i should be ok, right? or do you think i wont be able to buy a harness or what?

Old 01-23-2007, 01:35 AM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker

I also have the same one, black buttons and all, even the homelink. it is nice to program the gate and garage to it.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:53 AM
jimboscomp
All Star

I'd say if you're going to buy the console and wiring harness, have the dodge dealer install it unless you know where all the wires go and what they hook up to. It'l also probably cost you an arm and a leg; maybe part of your liver too. I'm surprised it didn't come on your truck being a special edition of the SLT. I use the homelink with my garage at home, my dad has it in his car too, we love em!

Quick Reply: compass thing