3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Jet Chip stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 02:06 PM
DynoDan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Chip stage 1

Hey guys just wondering if any knows why its nesseasary to take out the computer chip when your installing the jet chip.
I put my jet chip in and didnt reallly see improvement in the mpg . Any suggestions or commets. and i am getting my AEM INTAKE this week will my mpg go down even more from this . Thnks DYNO DAN.
PS how do i make a fancy singature like some have .

Old 03-18-2007, 03:44 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Jet Chip stage 1

you dont take out your computer chip, you simply unplug the white wire harness and snap the chip into place and plug wire harness back. and did you reset the computer?. remove neg battery cable. for 20 min. reinstall neg cable, start and stop truck 3 times. on the third time leave truck running for 5 mins. so it will learn the new curve. then take it for a run.

[IMG]local://upfiles/31284/FF2FACB33BB94E138D8D6C8DCADA957F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-20-2007, 02:47 AM
DynoDan

I did it today how long till the MPG changes and does the cold air intake lower or raise the MPG. I put in an AEM brute force today wow. well talk to you later.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:49 AM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All depends on how you drive...

Same with pretty much any aftermarket performance product that makes the engine work less to produce the same power... if you push it to get the sound or power from it, MPGs drop a lot....if you ride it nicely, MPGs should raise...

Old 03-20-2007, 12:08 PM
curtiplas
Record Breaker

Yep, yep thats what I heard too....and idk about the fancy signature...I'm startin' to think only the moderators can have awesome signatures...hmph...I wanna signature like Frenchy's or dakotastone's...not fair

Old 03-20-2007, 01:02 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

so, eric, are you trying not driving like a little old lady for awhile, so you can see how that effects your mpgs? i'm interested to hear your results.

it's something i play with, but i'm never able to do it consistantly. depending on how late i am in the mornings, i have to drive harder to make up time and i'm never able to go a whole tank without being really late at least one morning (i'm always at least 10 minutes late, but i hate going any later than that). because of that, my mpgs vary pretty good between 16-18 mpg depending on how hard i have to drive to get to work.

as for the sig, i'd love to create one (i'm a web designer, so i have the skill) but i need time and a clean truck to take pictures of. perhaps this weekend i'll get it washed and snap a few shots.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:52 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: curtiplas

Yep, yep thats what I heard too....and idk about the fancy signature...I'm startin' to think only the moderators can have awesome signatures...hmph...I wanna signature like Frenchy's or dakotastone's...not fair
PM DevilsRejects and ask him if he can create the sig for you. I did my own pic with bugs bunny on it, but he went with more after that.

Quick Reply: Jet Chip stage 1