3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

IPod and Mediacenter 430?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 01:10 PM
cbrrider012
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this going to be an update that we are able to do ourselves? By cd or usb with an iso file? If so whenever it comes out would you be able to send us the download link to do this?

Old 06-27-2011, 03:11 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This will be an update that will be given to the service dept by Chrysler, it will be on their dealer connect system which is their technical website. The file will have to be downloaded to a USB flash drive and then be installed using the USB connector that is used for iPod / USB audio connections. If I were to post the SW update and Chrysler found out I could get into trouble. So legally it will have to be done at the dealer level.

Originally Posted by cbrrider012
Is this going to be an update that we are able to do ourselves? By cd or usb with an iso file? If so whenever it comes out would you be able to send us the download link to do this?

Old 06-28-2011, 10:37 AM
cbrrider012
Professional

That sucks... guessing there is no way to get to the technical website ourselves either?

Old 06-28-2011, 11:48 AM
xsdbs
Captain

which "Technical Website" are you referring to?

That sucks... guessing there is no way to get to the technical website ourselves either?

Old 06-28-2011, 11:48 AM
xsdbs
Captain

Just to let anyone with an HTC phone (EVO & Shift, There may be a few others but these are the 2 that I am aware of right now) HTC has a SW update for the issues that they are having with the BT dropped connections and the Streaming audio. This update ant the update that Chrysler will be releasing will get your phones working with out dropping the connection. They have done some work on how the Phone book is sent to the Uconnect as well as work on their streaming audio signal. This is the same SW that I tested for them last month and it works on the BT connection, when I originally did the testing, the streaming audio was better but not perfect. HTC did more work on it since then. I know that with the version that I tested along with the Chrysler update that the streaming audio worked well.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:01 PM
cbrrider012
Professional

Originally Posted by xsdbs
which "Technical Website" are you referring to?

You said "it will be on their dealer connect system which is their technical website."

That technical website...

Old 06-28-2011, 04:10 PM
xsdbs
Captain

Oh, I see where the confusion is. The Dealer Connect site is where the Technicians log into for TSB's, schematics, diagnostic procedures etc. This is not a site open to the public. I can't even access it. You have to be a Chrysler Service Technician in order to get log on information.

You said "it will be on their dealer connect system which is their technical website."

That technical website...

Old 07-13-2011, 11:54 AM
Leman
Rookie

You are not going to be able to update it yourself?
Actually it is fairly easy. Found this whilst looking to hard reset the unit...

Load the file on a USB stick,

hold the VC and phone button on the unit down

at prompt, plugin USB mass storage, and apparently it does its thing. (Have not tried this part as have no update file....)

Old 07-13-2011, 12:22 PM
xsdbs
Captain

well yes the process is easy. The update has been available now since 6-29-2011 and the TSB is 08-036-11. The problem that is now going on is finding a dealer that has a person that can actually read and understand instructions. There have been several people in different states that have tried to get the update done, they are either told that the update does not exist or if they are lucky enough to get someone who says "yeah, here it is" that they actually get it done. If you do get it done and want to make sure that it is done correctly ( some have driven off with their iPhone /iPod working thinking this is great finally!!!! only to be disappointed the next time they get in their vehicle that it doesn't work again and start cursing the update). Turn you streaming audio on, it plays fine, right ( with Apple products) now press the wake button so that the display back lighting is on so you can see the "now playing display". Is the audio still fine (if so then you got lucky) if it is choppy then it wasn't done correctly.
For those with none Apple products, is the streaming audio choppy or fast, then it wasn't done correctly either.
This is not a difficult thing to perform, I went to a local dealer with a rented Durango to get the update performed. I spoke to the service mgr about watching the tech perform the update so I could find out if there was a problem with the update or if it was a technician issue. It is definitely a technician issue.

Originally Posted by Leman
Actually it is fairly easy. Found this whilst looking to hard reset the unit...

Load the file on a USB stick,

hold the VC and phone button on the unit down

at prompt, plugin USB mass storage, and apparently it does its thing. (Have not tried this part as have no update file....)

Old 07-15-2011, 07:23 PM
xsdbs
Captain

please see this link for more information

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...ote=1&p=861317

Quick Reply: IPod and Mediacenter 430?