3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2011 durango r/t piece of crap worst dealer in country

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 05:33 PM
JCO1981
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 durango r/t piece of crap worst dealer in country

I recently bought a 2011 Durango R/T which is probably the worst car I have ever owned. The Durango has given me nothing but problems from day 1 and the dealer Central Dodge in Norwood MA is the absolute worst. I traded a 2006 Range Rover Supercharged because I thought this truck was going to be best comparison for the money boy was I wrong. The car has had a steering shake from day 1 which was written on purchase contract to be fixed and it still has a severe shake even after replacing intermediary shaft from a TSB. The rear suspension is absolutely terrible and makes a ton of noise which I have already had back shocks replace and still makes noise. The front suspension is the same making a ton of noise over bumps. At highway speed the car whistles which is so annoying. I also have a problem with headliner making noise over every bump. I have escalated all issues with dealer who has told me they will no longer attempt to fix any issues with the car. I have also reported dealer to Dodge which is a crock of **** anyways. Dodge sends out there high level tech in the area named John Greenhall who drives my car on perfectly flat ground hears nothing and says car is fine their are no problems. I specifically asked the dealer and dodge to test drive car with tech and they both said ok and the tech tells me he doesnt joyride with customers. I am so fed up with the dealer and Dodge as they have done nothing to rectify the problem. Dealer told me they would replace truck for 2012 because of issues which was a total lie. So no I am forced to file a lawsuit against dealer and dodge for this 45K piece of ****. I will never buy another Mopar product after this terrible experience as there customer service is the absolute worst. I hate the car so much that I am willing to take a 5k loss to get this piece of junk out of my life. If anyone can help me in any way it would be appreciated. STAY AWAY FROM CENTRAL DODGE NORWOOD MA A BUNCH OF THIEVES.Will update as law suit progresses have sent out 93A at this point.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:52 PM
sidewinder9m
Veteran

Originally Posted by JCO1981
I recently bought a 2011 Durango R/T which is probably the worst car I have ever owned. The Durango has given me nothing but problems from day 1 and the dealer Central Dodge in Norwood MA is the absolute worst. I traded a 2006 Range Rover Supercharged because I thought this truck was going to be best comparison for the money boy was I wrong. The car has had a steering shake from day 1 which was written on purchase contract to be fixed and it still has a severe shake even after replacing intermediary shaft from a TSB. The rear suspension is absolutely terrible and makes a ton of noise which I have already had back shocks replace and still makes noise. The front suspension is the same making a ton of noise over bumps. At highway speed the car whistles which is so annoying. I also have a problem with headliner making noise over every bump. I have escalated all issues with dealer who has told me they will no longer attempt to fix any issues with the car. I have also reported dealer to Dodge which is a crock of **** anyways. Dodge sends out there high level tech in the area named John Greenhall who drives my car on perfectly flat ground hears nothing and says car is fine their are no problems. I specifically asked the dealer and dodge to test drive car with tech and they both said ok and the tech tells me he doesnt joyride with customers. I am so fed up with the dealer and Dodge as they have done nothing to rectify the problem. Dealer told me they would replace truck for 2012 because of issues which was a total lie. So no I am forced to file a lawsuit against dealer and dodge for this 45K piece of ****. I will never buy another Mopar product after this terrible experience as there customer service is the absolute worst. I hate the car so much that I am willing to take a 5k loss to get this piece of junk out of my life. If anyone can help me in any way it would be appreciated. STAY AWAY FROM CENTRAL DODGE NORWOOD MA A BUNCH OF THIEVES.Will update as law suit progresses have sent out 93A at this point.
Sorry to hear about the issues you have on your new Durango....mine has been mechanically a solid vehicle. The only problem that I have with this vehicle is my Sirius sat radio service was terminated early after 5 months should have been 1 year as specified on their sales brochure, well I'm going to raise some hell tomorrow when I see my sales rep. G/L.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:32 PM
PowerDDanger
Professional

Let me ask you a couple simple and maybe not obvious questions: You do know that "Dodge" dealerships are not actually Dodge and are separate entities on their own? Also, have you ever thought of trying another dealership? You paid 45K for a new vehicle before driving it for a test drive before you signed the dotted line, which is in your complete legal rights since you're doing all the lawsuit and all? Maybe Dodge is too low level for your sophisticated taste of Land Rovers and such, maybe?

Old 09-13-2011, 09:00 PM
LeeHP

I picked up my 2011 Citadel last Weds and experience no issues with the steering, in fact it's stable, smooth with good tracking. The longest trip to far was taking the kids this past Sat to the drive-in in Medford off of 495 and the Durango was solid on the highway and quiet. No rattles or squeaks driving around the windy New England roads in my town. I am just coming out of driving an Infiniti FX35 (great CUV) and my wife has a 420ML so I know what solid should feel like. The Durango is my 16th new vehicle after rides like a Tahoe, Blazer, Supra, 300ZX, Acura, a few Honda's, Lotus Esprit Turbo, etc. and I am very pleased with the purchase (so far!) I bought it from Colonial Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Hudson MA and was overall happy with the staff (again, so far!) I would bring it to another dealer and see what they say. Did you test drive any other Durangos on the lot to compare? My Durango was a trade from another dealer to get the color I wanted with the Hemi, etc. and when it came in they had me give it the once over before I signed anything to make sure it was OK and I was happy with it.

And sidewinder9m:
Call Sirius to have them look up your account and see when it was activated. I did just that to make sure the dealer hadn't activated it sooner for some reason. Make sure you have your Sirius unit ID number when you call them. I tried to get the Sirius account merged into my existing XM account, since Sirius and XM are one big happy company now, but they couldn't do it, which is a pain.

Last edited by LeeHP; 09-13-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:46 PM
JCO1981

Listen PowerDDanger of course the car was test driven and the steering problem existed then. It was written on purchase contract to be fixed before delivery which it never was. As for your other simple question about dodge not owning the dealers Dodge North America is also included in the suit. You should learn how to talk to people before you open your mouth and look stupid.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:03 PM
PowerDDanger
Professional

Listen PowerDDanger of course the car was test driven and the steering problem existed then. It was written on purchase contract to be fixed before delivery which it never was. As for your other simple question about dodge not owning the dealers Dodge North America is also included in the suit. You should learn how to talk to people before you open your mouth and look stupid.

I don't look stupid, you're the one coming here acting like a preteen child as if you've been wronged in some way and then you actually think your powerful point of view is going to sway any court when you're going against an entire corporation. It was your dumbass fault for buying a car that had problems even before you signed the paperwork. So you keep on with your anger and your preteen temper problems, and once again, good luck with that lawsuit and such. I'm sure you'll come out of the same way you went in, down 46 thousand dollars and angry at the world. I'm glad you 29 year old "adults" are the future of this country, rather sue than actually go to another dealership just to make a statement, right? Maybe you should learn some things about life before you sign on the dotted line for a predetermined faulty item. I'm sure Dodge's lawyers are going to get you on that point with your lawsuit so just get ready to bend over and take it. On with your lawsuit, enjoy the experience, let us all here know how much money you lose in the process.

Last edited by PowerDDanger; 09-13-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:10 PM
sidewinder9m
Veteran

Originally Posted by LeeHP
And sidewinder9m:
Call Sirius to have them look up your account and see when it was activated. I did just that to make sure the dealer hadn't activated it sooner for some reason. Make sure you have your Sirius unit ID number when you call them. I tried to get the Sirius account merged into my existing XM account, since Sirius and XM are one big happy company now, but they couldn't do it, which is a pain.
Yep I did and Sirius said my Radio ID/ESN/SID is active/activated and to make sure I confirmed the radio ID # number with CS that shows in my radio...just got done talking to them 30 mins ago but no dice. Still not getting any service, radio still shows only the preview channel #184 so some funny business is going on my Sirius subscription. I'll be heading to the dealership anyway tomorrow for another issue, I will bring this issue up to my sales rep and hope get some results.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:18 PM
JCO1981

Your A D Bag

Old 09-13-2011, 11:06 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sidewinder9m
Yep I did and Sirius said my Radio ID/ESN/SID is active/activated and to make sure I confirmed the radio ID # number with CS that shows in my radio...just got done talking to them 30 mins ago but no dice. Still not getting any service, radio still shows only the preview channel #184 so some funny business is going on my Sirius subscription. I'll be heading to the dealership anyway tomorrow for another issue, I will bring this issue up to my sales rep and hope get some results.
How many miles did it have when you bought it? You think they may have demoed it or something? .....who knows but it doesn't cost that much anyway they outta just comp you the remainder.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:11 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I have escalated all issues with dealer who has told me they will no longer attempt to fix any issues with the car.
OOOh, I can't imagine why?? The way you come across in text form is annoying enough...lol. I'm sure you probably didn't make a scene in the service lane, maybe cussed the service manager and harassed the hell out of the techs. Yeah, I know the type. Dealt with your kind before. Go try another dealer and check your attitude at the door otherwise you'll be stuck with whatever problems you have. There is a right way and a wrong way to conduct yourself in the adult world. You're doing everything wrong.

Last edited by TNtech; 09-13-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Quick Reply: 2011 durango r/t piece of crap worst dealer in country