3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Floor Mats: Husky, WeatherTech, Other?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 11:49 AM
70AMX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have to share my love of the Canvas Back trunk liner. I put it in over a year ago and with skis, bikes, kids and the rest of the grime of a Colorado winter, they are holding up great, well thought out, and an outstanding addition.
Re: Floor mats- I got the Weather Tech and am mostly pleased. The second row mat needs a little "mod" with the heat gun because I have the captains chairs and the hump/cupholder is slightly forward compared to the bench seat.
No third row was avail yet, but wish there was one to match.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:48 AM
Leman
Rookie

Originally Posted by Easyryder01
[ Gotta tell ya I'm impressed with the fit and finish of it and from what I see its water proof as well.
That what I am going for. Thanks for the pics they have confirmed my choice. Canvasback for the cargo and three row weathertec. Pricy but will keep the horse gunk away!

Old 03-07-2014, 02:41 PM
fishandgrits
Veteran

I just got the front and second row sluch mats from the dealership for $75.

I had black weather techs in my RAM and while they serve their purpose well they always have a wear mark from my heal that no amount of detailing will remove.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:46 PM
jshillin
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also picked up the slush mats for all 3 rows from the dealer along with a mat for in the cargo area. They all match nicely and works well for me.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:18 AM
rvarner
Professional

Same here for the slush mats. I love mine!

Old 03-15-2014, 08:04 AM
Tvo-2

How does the canvasback product attach to the back of the seats and the sides of the cargo area?

Old 06-08-2014, 04:12 PM
Snafu7
Amateur

Originally Posted by Tvo-2
How does the canvasback product attach to the back of the seats and the sides of the cargo area?
They attach with velcro. The harder clasp side of velcro attaches to the carpet back of the seats.

------

I decided to get some WeatherTech mats and the canvas back. I have the plain black Dodge mats now. I thought the front mats were dirty so after putting all the other mats in place this morning I threw my fronts in the washer.

Behold what a simple wash did

I had to get the wet vac to get all the carpet fibers and rubber out of the washer. That's friggin insane. The top level with the Dodge name sewn in gray thread is all intact but the bottom came off and disintegrated. In 20 years of owning cars and trucks I've never had this happen before. I'm in shock. W T F? My other car mats haven't done anything like this. Please tell me my Durango isn't built like this.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Snafu7
They attach with velcro. The harder clasp side of velcro attaches to the carpet back of the seats. ------ I decided to get some WeatherTech mats and the canvas back. I have the plain black Dodge mats now. I thought the front mats were dirty so after putting all the other mats in place this morning I threw my fronts in the washer. Behold what a simple wash did I had to get the wet vac to get all the carpet fibers and rubber out of the washer. That's friggin insane. The top level with the Dodge name sewn in gray thread is all intact but the bottom came off and disintegrated. In 20 years of owning cars and trucks I've never had this happen before. I'm in shock. W T F? My other car mats haven't done anything like this. Please tell me my Durango isn't built like this.
New washers have much higher g forces. Mats are not water permeable, it's not the mats fault.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Snafu7
Amateur

Originally Posted by Wash Man
New washers have much higher g forces. Mats are not water permeable, it's not the mats fault.
I know my washer has high g spin cycles when it is set to high, but on low or no spin, it doesn't. I never use the high spin because it will wear out whatever you're washing.
It's the mat. I have washed my Tahoe mats, my Escape mats. Carpet and rubber with no problems. Floor mats that can't stand up to water? How are those supposed to work when it rains or in the Winter? The rubber backing was so thin it just tore apart. I knew they weren't as heavy as the mats from my other vehicles but I never gave a thought to their possibly being unable to stand a mild wash.

edit**
Looks like the thin rubber/plastic is attached to the rug by light glue all on the back and that dissolved except for the ends. Every contact point between the rug backing and the rubber became brittle on the rubber. My other vehicle OEM mats are just way more substantial.

I see now they are the "premium carpet". Seeing a bunch of new Dodge owners wondering if they are cardboard and plastic. Some folks have had them fall apart in clumps. I think I got a defective set. Saw where dealer replaced them for the clump issue. I don't think I'll bother since I don't want these anyway except to last until Tuesday when my WeatherTech's get here. There are some funny stories of logos falling off and holes being worn through them. I guess I was spoiled by my other vehicles.

------

I wish WeatherTech or Husky liners came with logos or styling. I really like these but want total coverage.

Would it be non-functional to add those Dodge Elite Series mats on top of WeatherTechs? Never had them before so I don't know the thickness.

btw N00b question - Is there a name for that double thick line logo next to Dodge?

Last edited by Snafu7; 06-08-2014 at 06:25 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 06-08-2014, 09:19 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then I would definitely return them and ask for new ones

Quick Reply: Floor Mats: Husky, WeatherTech, Other?