3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

All He Saw Was the R/T....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 11:20 AM
rdkind62
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, that Bimmers are not all that, however they are very nice vehicles and in some cases very fast. I also agree that with some tuning the R/T can/will be a very good sleeper. But I would be cautious about picking too many fights with BMW drivers that are willing to race since Bimmers are also very easily modified using JB3, Dinan, etc.

Old 03-02-2012, 11:26 AM
MiamiRT
Veteran

Oh, with out a doubt. Have you done any mods to yours?

Old 03-02-2012, 12:26 PM
rdkind62
Professional

I have only done visual mods so far because I wanted to make sure it was paid for (which it is as of this month) prior to doing anything. I'm still not sure if I want to do something with this car or step up to the new M3 coupe that will be coming out probably late next year. It is my understanding that it is going from a NA V-8 to a twin scroll turbo straight 6. It is reported to be putting out about 470 HP stock, so I think there will be a lot more that can be done once it gets the turbo.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:58 PM
mazda3ndp
Professional

Originally Posted by MiamiRT
Sorry to brake it to you, but bimmer's aren't all that. There a dime a dozen around here and I used to smoke them with regularity in my modded TBSS. Thats not to say your car isn't very nice but around Miami everyone has a bimmer. Hopefully once tuning becomes available for these rigs the accompanying bolt on's will follow. This could be a real sleeper 7pass suv.
modded vs stock is possibly the worst comparison... you end up hearing one everyone go back and forth with, "well if xxx car had these mods, it would smoke xxx car" . that conversation can go on ALL DAY LONG...

Old 03-02-2012, 06:27 PM
mazda3ndp
Professional

Originally Posted by MiamiRT
Sorry to brake it to you, but bimmer's aren't all that. There a dime a dozen around here and I used to smoke them with regularity in my modded TBSS. Thats not to say your car isn't very nice but around Miami everyone has a bimmer. Hopefully once tuning becomes available for these rigs the accompanying bolt on's will follow. This could be a real sleeper 7pass suv.
nevermind...

Last edited by mazda3ndp; 03-02-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:32 PM
mazda3ndp
Professional

Originally Posted by 2011HEAT
Miami thanks for backing me up. I'm afraid they're all right tho.... I lied, it was really a late 90's Hyundai Accent I always get that and any bimmer mixed up..... No wonder why I smoked him.

Secret bimmer fans on the Dodge forum get really pissy...
It isnt much of a secret if I'm posting about my cars in a public forum..

Funny you should mention that... every time I park my car I end up walking back to a Hyundia Accent because it so closely resembles my bmw, I get frustrated because I mistaken my car for a Hyundai accent ALL the time.

I mean really dude?

Edit: Since you thought my passion for bmw was "secret", I also like mazda's too

Last edited by mazda3ndp; 03-02-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:50 AM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by mazda3ndp
modded vs stock is possibly the worst comparison... you end up hearing one everyone go back and forth with, "well if xxx car had these mods, it would smoke xxx car" . that conversation can go on ALL DAY LONG...
+1 Ultimately these are silly arguments. In the end you take your car body and bolt it on top of a top fueler...........

Quick Reply: All He Saw Was the R/T....