3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

All He Saw Was the R/T....

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 02:08 AM
2011HEAT
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default All He Saw Was the R/T....

Short version: Kid in Beamer cuts me off approaching a red light to cut to the front of the line. Slammed on my brakes and swerved to the outside lane. Messed with the wrong D! Took him off the line into a merging lane and gave him a view of the rear of the D R/T. Kid was pissed! I was happy, Hemi did its job....

Old 02-25-2012, 07:47 AM
rdkind62
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Must have been a pretty old Bimmer (Not Beamer) because mine ('08 328xi) will easily beat my Durango R/T in 0-60 or in 1/4 mile. While the R/T does have quite a big engine, it also has a couple of tons of weight.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:13 AM
switchblade906
Record Breaker

Either that or he doesn't know how to drive lol

Old 02-25-2012, 09:18 AM
2011HEAT
Professional

Originally Posted by rdkind62
Must have been a pretty old Bimmer (Not Beamer) because mine ('08 328xi) will easily beat my Durango R/T in 0-60 or in 1/4 mile. While the R/T does have quite a big engine, it also has a couple of tons of weight.
It was a 2010 or 11 3 series, definitely not an M D is very heavy in comparison and I'm not trying to make the "who would win" argument. Just telling you what happened. The fact is, motor and vehicle is only half the story, driver makes up the difference. Or not....

Old 02-25-2012, 08:14 PM
MiamiRT
Veteran

That's always a great feeling. I can't wait for tuning to become available for these things.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:59 AM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by 2011HEAT
... driver makes up the difference. Or not....

Exactly! Usually the driver who's willing to do something more stupid wins (initially at least)... Sure it feels good, until you do this one time and hit something, loose control, slide on some unseen obstacle/gravel, or .... Then you won't feel so good and just wonder why you even bothered with that a--hole who cut you off, rather than letting him hit something the next time he does that.

There are no prizes for being first at the light, first off the line, or first anywhere on the road. If you need some affirmation of your driving prowess and/or the power of your car, get a helmet and take it to a local track.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:25 AM
///AMG Hauler
Rookie

Originally Posted by JRRF
Exactly! Usually the driver who's willing to do something more stupid wins (initially at least)... Sure it feels good, until you do this one time and hit something, loose control, slide on some unseen obstacle/gravel, or .... Then you won't feel so good and just wonder why you even bothered with that a--hole who cut you off, rather than letting him hit something the next time he does that.

There are no prizes for being first at the light, first off the line, or first anywhere on the road. If you need some affirmation of your driving prowess and/or the power of your car, get a helmet and take it to a local track.
+1. Still not gonna prove much regarding driver skill taking an auto shifting vehicle in a straight line, the 50% driver comment has no bearing on this "encounter".

Trending Topics

Old 02-26-2012, 09:35 AM
2011HEAT
Professional

Originally Posted by JRRF

Point taken, but.... I'm not driving around town all day scoping people to drag with.

I'm also not looking to have a punk in a "bimmer" blatantly cut me off and not do anything about it. I've been told before "to turn the other cheek" and I'm working on it.... Until then, I haven't seen the prize in getting punked either?!?!?

Last edited by 2011HEAT; 02-26-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:58 AM
2011HEAT
Professional

Originally Posted by ///AMG Hauler
+1. Still not gonna prove much regarding driver skill taking an auto shifting vehicle in a straight line, the 50% driver comment has no bearing on this "encounter".
AMG, nothing was ever mentioned about driver skill, I said driver. Easy in this situation, driver foot, pedal, push downward....

Questions were coming up about why the other car saw the back of a heavy Durango. Can't answer as to why he lost the "encounter", he just did. He tried to get in front, ended up behind, that's all.

I see the path this is all going down people, I'm done....

Old 02-26-2012, 10:58 AM
switchblade906
Record Breaker

You don't know if his car was auto or standard.

Quick Reply: All He Saw Was the R/T....