3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2012 R/T on restriction

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 03:44 AM
BubbaRadioNetwork
Veteran
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question 2012 R/T on restriction

Well I tried to order an R/T Monday and the dealer says they are on restriction. Anyone have any info on this? All other models are available except the R/T. Dealer has no idea why. Parts shortage? On a side note, I went ahead and ordered the optional console with the captain's chairs. I still haven't found a picture of it and the dealer has no pic either.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:51 AM
kingofwylietx
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to see some pics of the captain chairs. I know a few others have been looking to find pics.

Please post the pics when you get a chance.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:43 AM
MJNewman
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Planet Earth can only handle so many R/Ts so they had to throttle back. Honestly, I dont know but this has my interest as I have a 2012 and wonder if its gonna blow up or something.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:07 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BubbaRadioNetwork
Well I tried to order an R/T Monday and the dealer says they are on restriction. Anyone have any info on this? All other models are available except the R/T. Dealer has no idea why. Parts shortage? On a side note, I went ahead and ordered the optional console with the captain's chairs. I still haven't found a picture of it and the dealer has no pic either.

Bubba,

"They are on restriction" as in no dealer can order them? Or their dealership is on restriction because they already ordered their allotment for the current time period? I looked in the order system and could find no ordering restriction on the R/T model. I will check further though just to be sure. I will see if I can find a picture of the captains chairs as well. I looked last month and could not find any but I will try again.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:31 PM
IndyDurango
Champion

R/Ts were late announcements and late availability on the original 2011 releases. There were areas of the country that were getting none until other areas "had theirs." If I had to guess, that is likely still the case in the ordering system and hasn't been changed whereas in reality there are R/Ts out there to be had.

Also +1 Chris. There is definitely a difference between a national shortage to a dealer that has already ordered and sold their allotment. Dealer to Dealer trades are harder to come by when the vehicles are selling through well and bringing buyers into the dealership. Some will come in to look at a Durango and end up buying a Journey, Caravan, etc. If there is no Durango-Magnet to attract the tire kickers, there are no corollary sales happening either.

IndyD

Old 03-02-2012, 02:15 AM
BubbaRadioNetwork
Veteran

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Bubba,

"They are on restriction" as in no dealer can order them? Or their dealership is on restriction because they already ordered their allotment for the current time period? I looked in the order system and could find no ordering restriction on the R/T model. I will check further though just to be sure. I will see if I can find a picture of the captains chairs as well. I looked last month and could not find any but I will try again.
The dealership told me today the allotment for the period has been filled and the order should be picked up in 2-3 days. My dealer has only sold 2 D's since they came out. Most of their clientele go with the Grand Cherokee. They sell more Jeeps than Chryslers or Dodges. The owner told me he also notified corporate that it was a sold order. The dealer is Hendrickson CDJ in Monticello, IN. There is a pic of the captains chairs on Dodge.com, just not the $300 optional center console.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:21 PM
BubbaRadioNetwork
Veteran
Smile Order picked up today

Well, I got the following email from Dodge today.
Dear Customer,

Congratulations on your new Dodge purchase! We received your order and thank you for choosing the Dodge brand. This is the first of three email updates designed to keep you informed as your vehicle moves through production.

We are currently in the process of building and delivering the parts required to assemble your vehicle in the plant. We will contact you next when production is scheduled for your new Dodge. At that point, you will receive a tracking number that allows you to identify and monitor your vehicle as it moves through the various stages of production:

Confirmation -> Production -> Frame -> Paint -> Trim -> Final inspection -> Shipment -> Delivery

We will contact you with a final email when your vehicle is in shipment. Please be patient as we work to provide you with a new Dodge built to your specifications. We sincerely appreciate your business.

Thank you,
The Dodge Brand Team

Trending Topics

Old 03-05-2012, 04:23 PM
budoboy1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, I'm just about to order an R/T. Got a price of $500 below invoice.

I'm also looking at a 2011 R/T with 26K on it. They want too much for it though.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:08 AM
BubbaRadioNetwork
Veteran

I have the last 8 of the VIN if anyone can run it. If not, I will have my boss run it at work. I would like to know the estimated build date.

Old 03-06-2012, 08:12 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by BubbaRadioNetwork
I have the last 8 of the VIN if anyone can run it. If not, I will have my boss run it at work. I would like to know the estimated build date.
Bubba,

Send me the vin and the information your looking for in a PM and I will get the information your looking for on it.

Quick Reply: 2012 R/T on restriction