3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Murdered out

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 06:13 AM
coldsteel
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As with all projects like this, you have to start with light, barely-there coats and then build up the plasti-dip over several coats. or it looks like crap.

If you do it right, the dip is self-smoothing and isn't prone to drips/runs unless you spray half a can on at a time.

I have had dip on my Charger for over a year and it has gone through automatic car washes without peeling or fading.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Singh81
Amateur
Default im back

to report that the plasti dip lasted the entire summer. I used a power washer on it and it did not come off for a routine wash. i did about 5 layers on the rims and about 3-4 everywhere else.

My wife then curbed a side walk. The bugs started to accumulate.

I took the power washer and sprayed it all off. 2 days of work gone in about an hour. Im dropping my rig off to the paint shop on Sunday for a permanent job.

Plasti dip is ok for temporary job. I def do not see my self spending 2 days every 6 months.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Rangored

ease up deedubb. not everyone can drop big chips for big brakes. Anyway modding started with guys using ingenuity to make their rides stand out. If you can do it yourself, save some dough and get a good clean look, why not.

Quick Reply: Murdered out