3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2012 Citadel Hemi Knocking

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Kwdriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay heres the latest, the rep from Chrysler agreed on a goodwill trade. He agreed that the sound is not normal but it took some pointing out before he realized what I was talking about. I think the video was actually what made the point stick. The funny part is that the service manager continued to say his truck sounded the same, so we went out there and started his and guess what.... totally different. I tell you its like pulling teeth at this dealership.

They are knocking out a compression test and looking at a few other things to see if they can pinpoint where the noise is coming from but I refused to have the engine repaired by them and instead went with the trade. I just dont trust a service department that cant even do an oil change with tearing apart an engine and putting it back together. I dont think he wanted it to get to the point where I tried to lemon the car and was pretty good about the whole matter, I also have to pick up the loaner vehicle in a few hours until they get all the paperwork done on the Durango. Thanks for all the advice and Ill keep everyone posted as it develops further.

Quick Reply: 2012 Citadel Hemi Knocking