3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

I come Bearing Gifts..... For Some

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 12:36 PM
GizmoDurango
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cjlucas78
He said these radios cannot be replicated in the older models, which means they will not work. It sounds like they are going to be tied into a lot more than just gps and sound.
Sorry, I missed that... thx

Old 02-15-2013, 03:25 PM
nathan179
Amateur

aaaand we're back with a new refurb radio which has the original update (which probably killed my first radio) but not the most recent.

Are we now convinced that this update is not for 2011 RHB Models? How can I tell?

Old 02-18-2013, 08:11 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by nathan179
aaaand we're back with a new refurb radio which has the original update (which probably killed my first radio) but not the most recent.

Are we now convinced that this update is not for 2011 RHB Models? How can I tell?
I have went over your posts on this thread again. I believe that you have indicated that there was not a problem with your radio to begin with and that you just wanted to keep it current. Is that correct? Then after trying to install a radio update and a Sirius update the radio died and had to be replaced?

TSB's come out to correct problems that you may be having with parts on the vehicle. That is why almost every TSB lists symptoms that the fix typically corrects. The bottom line is performing a TSB just to perform it is not going to correct anything if you didn't have the symptom in the first place. I guess what I am trying to say is, if it isn't broke don't fix it.

When a dealer replaces a radio they will typically flash the unit with the most recent software available. Assuming the disk posted here is legit and originally came out to include the 2011 models, it could very well be that 2011 was taken off the update because it caused those units some type of problems. As you can see by the revised TSB it did not include 2011's.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:01 PM
FleetwoodNH

Update worked fine on 2011 Durango Citadel.

Thank You!

Quick Reply: I come Bearing Gifts..... For Some