3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2013 Pricing and MPG's

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013 | 01:50 PM
WIexpress
|
Amateur
Default 2013 Pricing and MPG's

Hey guys I am from over on the Ram forum. I bought a 12 Ram express last summer that I love, but the mpg's are killing me. I have been averaging 10-11 over winter-which I know kills mpgs. Anyway I really like the Durango, took a 13 SXT with Ralleye package for a test drive today and really liked. I think I can get into one for about $27k so wondering what you guys think is a decent price for one. I am looking at sxt's with the only option I really need is the tow package. Also mpg's how do these things really do? I read a few threads but seems most have the hemi, I will be getting the 3.6. ANy insight will be great thanks.

Old 02-06-2013 | 04:05 PM
primosx95

I recently traded to 2011 Charger with the 3.6 for my 2011 Durango Hemi and in the charger I got around 27 on highway. I am not sure in the Durango. I must say that with the Hemi on highway I get around 21, 22 and city around 18.5, not bad for a Hemi. Also, are you stuck on the 2013 would you consider 2012? I am sure you can get crewlux for 27K.

Old 02-06-2013 | 04:12 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

I've had my 2011 Crew V6 since last September, and I'm averaging 18-19 MPG in the city with a lot of stop and go. Highway travel (at a reasonable speed ~ 70-75MPH) is anywhere from 22-26 depending on terrain.

Old 02-06-2013 | 07:56 PM
bluebastion
Professional

Make sure you know what you are getting into if you are looking into buying a 3.6. There is an ongoing thread on a jeep forum that currently has a over 4,000 post count on 3.6 Pentastar Cylinder Head issues....

Old 02-06-2013 | 09:10 PM
Shoes09
Amateur

I have a 2012 R/T 2wd. It gets 15 city 22 highway. If your interested I am about to sell it to car max. Let me know, might as well pass along the deal to someone instead of dealer.

Old 02-06-2013 | 09:20 PM
WIexpress
|
Amateur

Thanks for the input guys-still not sure what to do, I love my truck but the mileage is killing me. I know it is a truck but was not expecting this bad. Anyway i heard about the head problems awhile back and read a few threads, but isn't it just supposed to be isolated to a small batch? Any other 3.6 mpg thoughts

Old 02-06-2013 | 10:00 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Default WI express

I am getting about 15mpg with my V6 AWD crew now in the WI winter. That includes warming it up with the remote start, driving through snowy residential streets, then cruising on the freeway for 15 minutes at 75mph. And back.

In the summer I was getting more like 19mpg. Can get as good as 24mpg on long trips on 60mph roads.

Steve

Old 02-07-2013 | 03:52 PM
WIexpress
|
Amateur

WI-steve,

besides the mileage how do you like yours. Do you feel the 3.6 is a decent engine? Thanks

Old 02-08-2013 | 10:41 AM
wi-steve
Veteran
Default how do i like it?

WIexpress> As I've said in other threads, I wish I would have bought the V8 instead. But would recommend it. If you can wait for 2014 should be an even better vehicle, but the current one is still very nice.

I like performance vehicles. For everyday driving the V6 should be fine for most people. The power seems to be there, but I think the engineers tuned the throttle response to make it take some pedal effort to get it to kick down. It is very quiet and smooth when cruising. Has more growl under accelleration than anything else I test drove (good or bad, it sounds cool sometimes but at other times just makes it seem like the thing is working really hard to go not all that fast). Also, the transmission tends to upshift too quickly for my liking, and is slow to respond with a downshift when needed. My wife's Honda Odyssey has far more responsiveness and better shifting than the D.

I lover everything else about the D. Handles like a nice car, great cornering. Wonderful interior and exterior styling. It has not had any issues in 10,000 miles.

I test drove the D against a few vehicles, here how I thought it stacked up to each:
Loaded Honda Pilot> I thought the Pilot was underpowered and did not handle well. I did like the style. Also at the time was ticked off at the Honda dealer over an issue with the van so I decided against it.
Acadia> The tester I considered felt very powerful compared to D V6. Also handled well. I didn't like that it was an aging design, didn't like the interior styling, and even the top line stereo sounded like a wet fart. And was a few grand more, even for the dealer's used courtesy loaner with 4,000 miles on it.
Explorer> Very close call, but not available with rear seat DVD in my price range, well the whole thing just costs more. I liked the speed and handling. Did not like the sync system and the stereo sucked.

The only other thing I regret is color. I bought True Blue which ends up looking kinda purple in bright sunlight. Looked a lot better in the book.

Steve

Old 02-08-2013 | 11:27 AM
WIexpress
|
Amateur

Steve,

Thanks for the feedback. I know what you mean about the 5spd, the one in my ram is very lazy also (till you stomp on it). By the way do you tow at all. I have a 3000 lb boat I tow about the heaviest thing otherwise is a 4000 lb trailer here and there. So nothing big and the boat is by far what gets used the most. Shoes-thanks for the offer but to far away and I need AWD.

Quick Reply: 2013 Pricing and MPG's