3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Hypertech Interceptor - 2011-2013 Durango's!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 02:08 AM
jeanettebarroso12
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok So Im New In Here What Is The Diffence Between Awd And Rwd I Have A 2013 Rt Durango That I Need To Put Some Performance Parts On Also A Good Exauhst What Ever Makes It Sound Mean And Bad azz

Old 07-11-2013, 05:34 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

AWD is similar to 4wd(all 4 wheels powered) and RWD is 2wd(rear wheels only)
STEVE

Old 07-11-2013, 06:32 AM
bbtkd
Veteran

Originally Posted by jeanettebarroso12
Ok So Im New In Here What Is The Diffence Between Awd And Rwd I Have A 2013 Rt Durango That I Need To Put Some Performance Parts On Also A Good Exauhst What Ever Makes It Sound Mean And Bad azz

If this will be your primary vehicle and you live where you get snow or ice, I would suggest AWD. If you live in the great white north as I do (SD), folks generally go with AWD/4WD or FWD, and only get RWD on secondary cars that can be parked in the winter. I doubt they sell any new RWD Durangos here - never seen one new on a lot. As far as performance, AWD will hurt your 0-60 times slightly (due to loss trough transfer case and additional axle, plus additional weight) but will make up for it on cornering.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:42 AM
bbtkd
Veteran

Originally Posted by jeanettebarroso12
As far as exhaust, depends on how much of it you want to replace. I haven't done anything to mine yet since my wife still remembers how replacing the mufflers on my 05 Durango introduced a drone that only women had an issue with. Be sure to read the forums for exact brand advice, listen to audio/video posted, and pay attention to their comments on any droning (the exhaust, not the wife). The RT already has a nicer exhaust than the other models, so it may be sufficient, but even RT owners get desiring louder systems.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:54 PM
ScottyUSN

As of 8 hours ago I'm the proud new Daddy of a 2013 R/T in Steel loaded to the nines. More stuff than I ever would have wanted if not for the fact I stole this due to a few thousand dollar error in an email. Props to the dealership for honoring it!

Back on point: I've only driven 40 miles but I can tell as you vets have mentioned Dodge was conservative with limiting the potential this 5.7 has to offer.

From a totally daily driver stand point I'm looking at Air-In/Air-Out and the Hypertech tuner, but ultimately don't care about anything more than grin factor and maybe squeezing out a few extra drops of gas. I do not care about 1/4 mile times, just want to gain a touch more of the positive G's this engine can produce without impacting the wallet too much.

Sounds like most are happy with the Hypertech box and Volant CAI. Not sure if I care to go with a Cat Back (yet), I'm happy with the exhaust note but if there is any noteworthy improvement with the mod it won't break my heart Any other value mods you tuners might suggest I'm all ears!

OK, heading back out to the cockpit to figure out all my new buttons and computer settings.

1. Where is the traction control button at!

Damn I've missed that new car smell

Thanks for all your time and efforts and posts.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:19 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Scotty...lets see some pics!

Old 07-27-2013, 11:26 PM
ScottyUSN

Straight from the dealers received back lot to wash it for customer pick up.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:34 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great...now get to modding!

Old 07-27-2013, 11:45 PM
ScottyUSN

Originally Posted by CMil527
Looks great...now get to modding!
Exactly the point of my first post since ownership. Already got **** in my shopping cart over on AutoEverything. This being the bus for my 2 dogs a second row back Weather Tech mat is Pri-One.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:43 AM
V for Victory
All Star

Welcome ScottyUSN, I'm assuming your username is indicative of being somehow involved in serving in the United Stated Navy? maybe I'm just being presumptive. Anyway, A BIG WELCOME to you and congrats on the new DD. I forgot what they looked like with stock wheels on, HA....Enjoy your ride brother.

Quick Reply: Hypertech Interceptor - 2011-2013 Durango's!