3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

H pipe installed factory resonator removed

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 03:28 PM
V for Victory
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phoneguy589
Same here... Well as far as temporary. I can still bolt on any system but wanted to hear the borla drive by. The magnaflow seems quieter than I would like. The one clip I found of borla was a gray D in a driveway doing a startup.
I'd like to colormatch a set of 22" viper reps to my truck. What ones did you get? (Polished, Black) So that the powder coating company didn't have to do "more" work to get them done?
I was able to find a local guy selling his machined face 22's on Ebay and picked them up for 550 bucks. Yup that's right, great deal and the powder coater said it doesn't matter since they have to dunk them in the stripper anyway. 100 dollars a rim for the PC which is average price in my area.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:06 PM
SS2RT
Captain

Originally Posted by phoneguy589
My mistake then. The magna flow system I thought was set up like the stock. I thought the mufflers were under the bumper.

As far as the videos I thought it was you tube and everyone could see them. I just fixed them to public. On my phone they sound noisy but on the computer it sounds closer to real life. I ran across across a few flowmaster clips by dodge2rt and they sound damn near exact.
i think it sounds great, for a simple mod...how does it feel? Like you lost any backpressure? now that you are technically running with no muffler, I doubt it matters but curious if you feel any more or less throttle response/power difference?

Yes the MF setup has far front resonators and far rear mufflers, with nothing but the X pipe in the middle...

Old 07-11-2013, 04:19 PM
phoneguy589
Professional

The first thing I noticed was that "lull" (I guess you can call it) when you take off was gone. With the hypertech and CAI installed, it would take off but seemed to not want to open up until I got into the higher rpm's. Now it's completely gone. I wish I had the extra $ for the more expensive systems but this will keep me happy for a bit. Also, I can accelerate more in eco mode vs before it would drop right out as soon as I started increasing speed slowly. I think with the tuner and CAI the backpressure was holding it back.

Last edited by phoneguy589; 07-11-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:51 PM
cbrrider012
Professional

Anyone know if they are currently making an H pipe for our D's? Or is this custom work only?

Old 07-16-2013, 04:24 PM
zaktrafton
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to find an r/t takeoff muffler set for mine.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:36 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only x pipes out there from what I've seen!

Quick Reply: H pipe installed factory resonator removed