Jack and jack stand locations

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 08:47 AM
IlliniJeeper
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BadBenz94
That may work!

Im trying to think when I had all four off of the ground, but I know when I did, it was on a level surface and I always shove the car/truck as hard as I can after it is on the jack stands to make sure it's secure. Other wise it is just two at a time and the wheels are chocked and again I shove the vehicle to see if there is any movement before I get underneath or in harms way.

Chris
If it's just two at a time, pull those two wheels off and throw them under the corners that are up and you get the same benefit. But still, a car with two wheels up and the other two chocked will be more stable than a car with all four wheels up and on jack stands.

Old 06-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Weeg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette lift pucks

Can someone tell me the diameter of the round and oval? I want to make sure it fits in my jack.

Thanks,

Old 06-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The arm on my 2.5 ton floor jack is a tad short IMHO and at full extension -- NOT a position I EVER use, by the way -- it won't lift a wheel entirely off the ground. I use a 2X4 wood block on top of the arm and it gives me enough clearence to get the wheel up. I'm getting to old and slow to be crawling under this beast so whatever I do it is one wheel at a time.

Quick Reply: Jack and jack stand locations