3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Hypertech or MagnaFlow Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 06:28 AM
fishandgrits
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gqjeff
Do you have to keep the trinity plugged in after you load a tune? Also does Hemifever charge for his program and what kind of gains with just CAI and maybe an axel back Gibson on the R/T.

Thanks
You do not have to keep the trinity plugged in after loading a tune. Hemifever charges for his tune and it's included in the price of the tuner when you buy from him. You will want to keep the tuner plugged in for a bit and datalog as you can send your datalogs to Hemifever and he can adjust your tune to get the most out of it. Basically the tune is custom to YOUR vehicle. Gains will vary from vehicle to vehicle but they will be significant.

Hairless ape just stated he is running in the 7's 0-60 in a v6. Stock v6 runs 9's. You should see some great gains from the HEMI as a stock r/t runs anywhere from high 6's to 7.5's. Point of it all is that yes, a hypertech is nice and all but it's just a tricking device and offers zero monitoring to the user. If you have money to spend and want the most out of your mods a custom tune is hands down the way to go.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:43 AM
MJNewman
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Took this from another thread
Originally Posted by sbindley

I cannot provide any before numbers with the truck completely stock. The only ones I have seen were from a 2011 5.7 JGC that made 262 at the wheels.

Anyway, the "before" pull on my vehicle had the Volant intake, ported TB, AR headers, high flow cats and Borla exhaust and the Diablo inTune canned 91 tune made 290-something at the wheels. The "after" included all the same, but a proper tune on the dyno netted an additional 38 rwhp, for a total of 320-something.
I had the same items but different brands also stock headers and made 310 rwhp with a hypertech. Yes this shows the DS can get you extra HP. But the fact that he has full headers and a custom tune yet only 10 more HP than me with full headers. For the price difference to only have 10 extra HP doesn't seem worth it to the "common" driver. He spent well over $100 per HP to get from my 310 to his 320.

Old 11-16-2013, 06:50 AM
fishandgrits
Veteran

He was running a canned tune......makes sense.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:29 AM
40Cent
Rookie

The HP gains that can be attained with a custom tune makes this option intriguing but not sure this is the route for me... The Redline is my daily driver- mainly highway & I put about 90 miles a day on it. Have no intentions of going to the track or clocking my 0-60 time but wouldn't mind a little more power. From a bolt on perspective it sounds like the Hypertech is a good option considering the price point. Will make my mind up in the next couple days on the Hypertech versus some of the other options discussed. Thanks again for the feedback...

Old 11-16-2013, 11:25 AM
hairless_ape
Rookie

The DS inTune DCX is only $150 more than the Hypertech...that should be a no brainer.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:01 PM
woblik
Veteran

Ive thought about selling my hypertech and upgrading.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:18 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Same here just giving it a little time in case there are any bugs with the latest Diablo programming. Probably gonna go for this soon.
STEVE

Old 11-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Gqjeff
Veteran

What one you guys looking at? Intune or trinity?

Old 11-17-2013, 12:21 PM
woblik
Veteran

Not sure of the difference honestly. Prob trinity

Old 11-17-2013, 03:59 PM
hairless_ape
Rookie

The only reason I got the Trinity is that I'll be able to use it on my next vehicle if I switch to Ford or GM. I have no need for the live data viewing or any of the other functions it offers over the inTune DCX. Very few ppl would.

Quick Reply: Hypertech or MagnaFlow Exhaust