3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Best All Around DD Tires - opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Easyryder01
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was actually going to go see the Goodyear dealer by me and see what he says but it would only mean I wouldhave to go with the same model tire which iIddon't want again. I had the tires all rebalanced and yes there were some s shape designs on most of the tires which the shop said the belts had shifted.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:22 AM
zimmer54
Amateur

I have Yokohama Parada Spec-X for about a couple month's, Great tire 265-50-20's on My 2011 R/T AWD, Great ride and handles great, I am in Scottsdale, Az. but last big rain ( Not much of that) They were the best, Had them before on My Silverado and loved them.
GoodYears are garbage, Got rid of them when found two out of round tires with only couple thousand miles.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:09 AM
NutmegState
Rookie

Originally Posted by Easyryder01
I was actually going to go see the Goodyear dealer by me and see what he says but it would only mean I wouldhave to go with the same model tire which iIddon't want again. I had the tires all rebalanced and yes there were some s shape designs on most of the tires which the shop said the belts had shifted.

I understand that. My point is you already paid for the tires. Get some use from them and then wait for something you want to go on sale. While one batch may be bad, not all of them will be bad.

I typically stay away from Goodyear, Bridgestone and Firestone but if I have had issues I have tried to get replacements that I would then turn around and sell or at least get Spring/Summer/Fall use out of them and get a new set for the Winter and during that time find what I want and sale and keep them in the garage. I have in the past called and complained to Goodyear customer service and have in at least on occasion received a brand new set of tires.

Cars are expensive and I always try to maximize what I have. If you really cannot stand them, trash them or at least try to get some money from what you have.

It boggles the mind that they can create crappy designs that still shift belts. I hate cheap tires.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:13 AM
NutmegState
Rookie

Originally Posted by zimmer54
I have Yokohama Parada Spec-X for about a couple month's, Great tire 265-50-20's on My 2011 R/T AWD, Great ride and handles great, I am in Scottsdale, Az. but last big rain ( Not much of that) They were the best, Had them before on My Silverado and loved them.
GoodYears are garbage, Got rid of them when found two out of round tires with only couple thousand miles.

I love Yokohama tires but you will have to keep us posted. They seem to be awesome new but as the wear they seem to give up a lot before even their own advertised max tread wear. Meaning, if the advertise 60k for their tire around the 30K-ish mark they stop performing especially in wet. If you read the Tirerack review others are saying the same.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:46 AM
Easyryder01
Professional

Nutmeg you're absolutely right, I will swing by them and see what I can work out with them. I put Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas on my wife's JGC and they didpretty damn good, so iI went to go see if they had that tire in stock along with a Firestone that a couple members had mentioned here and when I told him the size iI wanted he gave me a price of almost $300 a tire installed......I jumped back almost out of my shoes. I may just dothe gGoodyear thing and also look into the Continentals. Just in case the size I'm using is 285-50 R20.

Quick Reply: Best All Around DD Tires - opinions please