Automatic High Beams

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014 | 10:10 PM
mcfarl58
Veteran

Originally Posted by FSTDANGO3
I dont have Nappa But I have power passenger seat and Leather Door panels
STEVE
hmmm interesting. What trim? Different trims have different packages that have different things in them.

Old 05-17-2014 | 10:27 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

I have technology group, convenience group , trailer tow Group with Hitch delete(weird one)Heavy duty Group. So many silly Groups
STEVE

Old 05-18-2014 | 08:34 AM
Wash Man
All Star

Originally Posted by mcfarl58
hmmm interesting. What trim? Different trims have different packages that have different things in them.
The upgrade to "Nappa" got us the perforated air conditioned seats but I believe the other nicer trim features like door panel leather are present in the standard leather R/T package.

Old 05-18-2014 | 09:02 AM
bbtkd
Veteran

Originally Posted by mcfarl58
Lol. Check out the Mercedes S class for that. Reclining back seats with footrest, hot stone massage, and scent infused ventilation. No joke.
Stone massager? While driving? Probably not a good idea....

Old 05-18-2014 | 10:19 AM
Wash Man
All Star

Originally Posted by bbtkd
But awesome for everyone else in the car. I've ridden in a few with the massage feature, just like sitting in one of the massage chairs in the mall. Very nice. But my buddy paid 160k for his......I'd rather have an R/T, massage chair at the house, and 110k left in my bank acct. lol

Old 05-18-2014 | 11:20 AM
mcfarl58
Veteran

Originally Posted by bbtkd
If you have an S class, you hire someone to drive for you.

Old 05-18-2014 | 11:52 AM
JRRF
Captain

Getting back to high beams, I used the feature for a short time and found it useless. They are pretty good at going off when there is direct oncoming traffic, but if you are on a divided highway they frequently don't go off and drivers across the median get pissed. Also, in the country all you need is a good road sign reflection to turn them off just when you want them to stay on. I'm back to manual control.

Old 05-18-2014 | 05:46 PM
Orin500XL
Captain

Originally Posted by Wash Man
But awesome for everyone else in the car. I've ridden in a few with the massage feature, just like sitting in one of the massage chairs in the mall. Very nice. But my buddy paid 160k for his......I'd rather have an R/T, massage chair at the house, and 110k left in my bank acct. lol

Thursday I got to drive my cousin's new Cadillac XTS ($78,000!) and he said it had everything, though he never mentioned massagers . . . or a nose picker . . . or a butt scratcher. The competition to add "luxury" appointments is bordering on the ridiculous, IMHO. When it comes the time I'm unwilling or unable to dim my headlights, tell when it is raining, or face the discomfort of a unheated steering wheel is the day I return my licnese to the DMV.
Of course I used to also believe the same thing about shifting gears, rolling down the windows, and needing needing assistence to turn the wheels or apply the brakes. :-) I guess we do get wiser with age. :-)

Old 05-18-2014 | 07:34 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

I agree Orin it is getting quite ridiculous. I am in the market for a used car for my daughter. We have been out checking some small jeeps and even a few Dodge sedans and she sais to me the other day. "DAD NONE OF THESE HAVE A BACK UP SCREEN OR HEATED LEATHER SEAT" My REPLY WAS "MIRRORS ARE YOUR BACK UP CAMERA AND WEAR LAYERED CLOTHING...TOOK ME 20 + YRS TO BE ABLE TO BUY A CAR LIKE THIS!" everything is getting nuts
LOL
STEVE

Old 05-19-2014 | 07:32 AM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by Orin500XL
Thursday I got to drive my cousin's new Cadillac XTS ($78,000!) and he said it had everything, though he never mentioned massagers . . . or a nose picker . . . or a butt scratcher. The competition to add "luxury" appointments is bordering on the ridiculous, IMHO. When it comes the time I'm unwilling or unable to dim my headlights, tell when it is raining, or face the discomfort of a unheated steering wheel is the day I return my licnese to the DMV.
Of course I used to also believe the same thing about shifting gears, rolling down the windows, and needing needing assistence to turn the wheels or apply the brakes. :-) I guess we do get wiser with age. :-)
Yes, these are niceties that we get to enjoy with age, but the hard part is when you rent a car. You not only have to figure out how things work with it (e.g. wipers), but you also have to REMEMBER to do it. :-)

Reminds me of the first time I soloed in my dad's car. I was so nervous I was shaking the whole time. When I got there I realized I was also shaking because I had forgotten to turn on the heat! LOL.

Quick Reply: Automatic High Beams