3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

14-D Question?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 04:12 PM
NutmegState
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wash Man
When you start the 14' the default mode is "ECO" as indicated by the light on the button in he dash. Default mode has conservative and quick shift points and slower throttle sensitivity. When you depress the button and the indicator light goes out, the Durango goes into a more aggressive mode; the more aggressive shift points are used and the throttle should be more sensitive

This was new on the 14's. it's on the R/T but I don't know if the 6 cylinders got it.

Yes, the V6's have ECO mode as well and IMHO, the difference is more pronounced.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:09 PM
Immo
Professional

How is the **** shifter any different than the push buttons that were in the early 60's Dodges? I'm sure people complained when they the the high beams button off the floor. Lol

I have a friend who think push button start is worthless and swears he will never buy a car with one.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Dango84
Amateur

It's actually very easy to use. It becomes second nature. I thinks it rotates with a solid feel, but they could have gotten more space if they moved it onto the dash like they did on the ram.

I remember the high beam pedal. Right below the brake pedal. My dad had a dodge work van back in the day. I always thought it was neat as a kid.

This is my first car with intelligent key/push start. At first it was strange not pulling out a key, but thats the benefit. I just walk up to the car and put my hands on the handle and it unlocks. Very convenient. I love it.

Old 03-19-2014, 09:38 PM
WannaV-8
Veteran

Originally Posted by Dango84
……...This is my first car with intelligent key/push start. At first it was strange not pulling out a key, but thats the benefit. I just walk up to the car and put my hands on the handle and it unlocks. Very convenient. I love it.
Same for me. Touch and Go.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:11 AM
uvalmore

Originally Posted by Double_D
I was pretty use to holding the shifter while driving also but have completely gotten use to the ****. I now really enjoy it as it it gives me more room. I use the arm rest constantly and once you have using the shifter **** down to muscle memory its second nature.

I've used my paddles once so far and that was unknowingly hitting one making a hard right turn. At first I had no idea what was going on lol, but its easy to switch back to auto.

I did the same thing when I first got mine- accidently hit the paddles. The shifting **** to me was a bit odd but I got used to it quickly.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:22 PM
Shelbyguy
Rookie

I got used to the **** shifter in about a day. I mean how often are you shifting your vehicle in a normal day of driving anyway? You still have the ability to lock the vehicle into any of eight forward gears with the paddles while towing or needing engine braking in mountainous areas. For me it was a non issue and it's easier to keep the area cleaner as the stick type shifters always seem to attract crumbs and dirt at the base.

Marty

Quick Reply: 14-D Question?