3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Hemifever tune is amazing!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Hemibuck
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hemifever tune is amazing!

I was running the canned 89 Diablo tune and just installed my new 92 octane Hemifever tune and all I can say is WOW! The delay in the shifting between gears is gone. Throttle response is snappy and it picks the right gear instead of being in too high of a gear and always having to hammer down the throttle to up-shift. But the best news of all is the MPG increase, overall up 2 MPG. It seems to stay in 4 cylinders longer now.

Now I just need to run a data-log and get it dialed in even more. If your on the fence about this mod don't wait Shawn knows how to tune DD right!

Old 04-13-2014, 07:21 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

X2 ^ I AGREE 100% I am running a 93 Tune he did for me.
STEVE

Old 04-13-2014, 09:10 AM
JustinK.
Professional

What do you get when you purchase from Hemifever? Canned tunes, custom tunes, upgraded tunes?

Old 04-13-2014, 09:37 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

You get the tuner with Diablo Tunes and you get custom tunes as well as support if you make changes
STEVE

Old 04-13-2014, 10:01 AM
WannaV-8
Veteran

I am interested in tunes, but worry about warranty. How do you guys deal with that?

Old 04-13-2014, 11:16 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Set it at stock before dealer visits. Although a trace is left if they want to find it unless the problem is caused by tune they cant deny you warranty
STEVE

Old 04-13-2014, 11:25 AM
MIKEon22s
Captain

The dodge techs can tell it has been flashed X times while their service centers scanner has never updated the flash since the Durango was built. That discrepancy is what they question and can potentially cause them to deny warranty.

But then again the warranty fine print is pretty clear that any modifications can void the warranty.

We all tread a fine line and its up to the wrench/service tech.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:06 AM
Hemibuck
Veteran

I already had the tuner he just sent me the new tunes. I got a 92 and a 89 octane. He will also make changes to the tunes after data logging and upgrades like headers and whatnot.

As far as the warranty goes I have been tuning my rigs for 20 years and have never had a problem. Most forget about the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act that protects us against the dealer saying "that intake caused the problem and we're going to void your warranty" They need to prove that said upgrade caused the problem not just say it. With that said I guess if you had some whizz bang of a service tech and he wanted to push it you could have a problem but then again if they want you to ever buy a new rig from them they will not even bother with it. Now if you come in with a blower on it or N20 your probably screwed. But for little things like an intake, exhaust or a tuner they need to prove it and that can be tough because a lot of dealers now sell rigs all upgraded on the lot.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:54 PM
SlvrSnake
Rookie
Talking

Originally Posted by Hemibuck
I already had the tuner he just sent me the new tunes. I got a 92 and a 89 octane. He will also make changes to the tunes after data logging and upgrades like headers and whatnot.

As far as the warranty goes I have been tuning my rigs for 20 years and have never had a problem. Most forget about the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act that protects us against the dealer saying "that intake caused the problem and we're going to void your warranty" They need to prove that said upgrade caused the problem not just say it. With that said I guess if you had some whizz bang of a service tech and he wanted to push it you could have a problem but then again if they want you to ever buy a new rig from them they will not even bother with it. Now if you come in with a blower on it or N20 your probably screwed. But for little things like an intake, exhaust or a tuner they need to prove it and that can be tough because a lot of dealers now sell rigs all upgraded on the lot.

Agree with you 100 percent. Funny thing is there are people who would show up to the dealer with twin turbos and a blower with a toasted motor and want it fixed under warranty

Attached Images  
Old 04-15-2014, 06:31 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm currently running the 89 tune from Hemifever and holy crap has it made a difference. After I burn out this tank of 89 I'm going to fill up with 91 and install that. Then I'll have to get the data logging and send it to him for further adjustment. I can say, that this is hands down the best mod I have ever invested in!

Quick Reply: Hemifever tune is amazing!