3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Goodbye suitcase, hello H-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 12:49 PM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brewcalhoun
Haven't figured out how I'm gonna hide the lift yet, lol....
All shocks expand 2-3" on new vehicles, it's just normal break in honey

Old 11-14-2014, 04:24 PM
NJMoparDad
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CMil527
Give Mufflex in Mercerville a call!
Muffled Mercerville was my first choice. They were the ones who said $385 and refused to go lower. Fuccello's was the $285.

Old 11-14-2014, 04:25 PM
brewcalhoun
Amateur

Hmmm, that one is worth consideration! Thanks Wash Man!!

Old 11-15-2014, 03:13 PM
CMil527
Champion

Originally Posted by NJMoparDad
Muffled Mercerville was my first choice. They were the ones who said $385 and refused to go lower. Fuccello's was the $285.
Damn Denny and the boys have read few too many of their own press clippings!

Old 02-02-2015, 09:17 PM
NJMoparDad
Amateur

Ok, I figured it out. Found out Dynomax makes a DD x-pipe as part of their stainless cat back system (Dynomax 54797 Exhaust X-Pipe). I got it for $126 shipped on Amazon and had it welded I today. Excellent sound, especially at WOT, and no drone at all. I can't even tell a difference when cruising.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:38 AM
hellomoto_25
Veteran

Originally Posted by NJMoparDad
Ok, I figured it out. Found out Dynomax makes a DD x-pipe as part of their stainless cat back system (Dynomax 54797 Exhaust X-Pipe). I got it for $126 shipped on Amazon and had it welded I today. Excellent sound, especially at WOT, and no drone at all. I can't even tell a difference when cruising.
Doesn't list it as compatible with the 2013 RT. What did you put it on and did they have to do any bending on installation?

Old 02-03-2015, 05:51 PM
unxpctd

Bit late to the game but just bought my 2014 R/T last Friday.

Couple questions:

I don't believe this will void any factory warranty...spent $1500 for an extended warranty and don't want to screw with it. I've done plenty of exhaust mods on past vehicles...just being overly cautious. This seems like a really nice, pretty inexpensive way to get some sound out of the stock system (minus the suitcase).

The only thing I'm worried about is the sound on long trips...while I love the sound of a great V-8...I currently take 2 long trips per year. I'm talking 4000-6000 miles round trip over a 1-2 week period, 2x per year.

I just want to make sure that at cruising speed, 70-75mph, that this is not overly loud.

Last June I put on 5500 miles in 11 days on my Ford Edge. I'm taking my first long trip in my new Durango end of this month (Feb 28th) and driving from Minnesota to the end of the Florida Keys.

Anyone thats had this done modification ever taken really long trips? How's the sound and interior drone? I've listened to the clips (over and over...heh) but would still like a personal story of a long trip with no issues.

Also...noones said anything...but I'm assuming this just opens up the exhaust system and there wouldn't be any issues with the tuning.

Thanks!

PS: Getting a quote on this mod tomorrow...we'll see!

Old 02-03-2015, 06:58 PM
Wash Man
All Star

No drone, doesn't effect the warranty on anything except the suitcase muffler since you cut AFTER the bolt flanges thus leaving the pipe to the cats all factory. I also drive a lot and will drive 6+ hours each way several times a month you only hear the sound when you want to (put your foot into it) You won't regret the mod, several on the forum have followed suit and loved it. No regrets.

No tuning issue of any kind.

Last edited by Wash Man; 02-03-2015 at 07:01 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:34 PM
unxpctd

Originally Posted by Wash Man
No drone, doesn't effect the warranty on anything except the suitcase muffler since you cut AFTER the bolt flanges thus leaving the pipe to the cats all factory. I also drive a lot and will drive 6+ hours each way several times a month you only hear the sound when you want to (put your foot into it) You won't regret the mod, several on the forum have followed suit and loved it. No regrets.

No tuning issue of any kind.

Thanks Wash Man...just what I wanted to hear...!

Just had to check...as there will be days I will put on 800 miles.

Really appreciate the info..!

Old 02-04-2015, 01:49 AM
RedHotFuzz
Amateur

Is this an R/T-only mod, or would it also work with a Hemi Limited? I don't know if the exhaust systems differ between the two.

Quick Reply: Goodbye suitcase, hello H-Pipe