TIPM Recall Coming

Old 08-22-2015, 10:58 AM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My Dodge Durango R09 recall service 8-19-2015

My email letter to the dealership

To whom it may concern,

The GOOD: You took care of the recall work ( recall R09, fuel pump relay circuit ) that needed to be done, you also updated software ( Flash 18-19-06-9L ) per TSB-18-035-14 to correct an existing problem with the drivetrain. AND you did all the service work without charging me for the services.

The BAD: The service advisor told me in addition to my much needed recall work and the software update that I had requested. I needed several other software flashes/updates ( 18-19-10-94,18-19-44-92,8-19-07-9B,18-19-31-94 ) that needed to be done in order for the Durango to continue running properly. The advisor said the cost $$ to me to have this work performed/done would be about $120.00. And the software update would not be covered under the "bumper to bumper warranty". Because, according to the service advisor the "bumper to bumper warranty" had expired back in April of this year ( 4/15 ).

AND the Ugly: I made an attempt to explain to the service advisor that I had just purchased the Durango back in 12-12-14. And that the vehicle was a "certified vehicle" by both his dealership and FCA. The "bumper to bumper warranty" should have been extended ( was told this when I purchased ). The service advisor firmly stated "the sales dept. is not part of the service dept." "And any deal the sales dept. makes is between them and the customer". He insisted that if I wanted all the software updates, I would have to pay for them. My only response was to tell the service advisor that I would be making a few phone calls and to stand by. I had FCA customer service on speed dial on my cell phone. And of course I called FCA customer service. I had to explain my problem to FCA and also complain that at no time did I receive any service advisory or bulletin from FCA or the dealership that my DD needed software updates when the "bumper to bumper" was suppose to be in affect . And that I had been in touch/contact with both parties on more than one occasion to get recall update information in the last 8 months of owning the DD. And neither the dealership nor FCA said that there were software updates that need to be preformed so the DD would continue to run properly. The FCA rep. could see my point that me having to pay for the software update now when it should have already been done and or I should have been at least made aware of when the DD was covered under the "bumper to bumper" warranty. Guess who got a phone call from the FCA rep.. Yep, the service advisor and the service manager. After a brief discussion over the phone with FCA rep., the service advisor came out of the service managers office and said the dealership would do the software update on the DD as customer courtesy this time only.

The fact that I had to make a phone call to FCA, is a clear indicator to me that we as the owners of our vehicles are on our own when it comes to getting updated service advisory/bulletins. It seems neither the dealerships nor FCA will keep us informed of our needed vehicle services.

Old 08-28-2015, 11:49 AM
usmc1811
Veteran
Default After FDC survey. The service manager response

Robert,

Majority of the flashes are 3year / 36,000 miles which one ever comes first. The powertrain control module is under 8year/ 80,000 miles. They’re updates
are like Microsoft does to our computers, most of the time you will never see the difference. I do agree with you regarding warranty period should be longer
regarding flashes, we here at NW Jeep are just following the guidelines Chrysler/Fiat provide us.

Dennis

A Hot Alert has been initiated requiring your action on the following CEI customer comment.

Note the email address that this message was generated from is not monitored. Any messages sent to it will not be read.

If this survey was completed by phone, you can click on the attachment to hear the customer's actual comments.

Sent By: ChryslerFeedback
VIN: 1C4SDJCT0CC202669
Model: 2012 DURANGO R/T AWD

Background information
Date of Interview: Aug 27 2015 8:29:22
Contact Type: Additional Warranty Event
Repair Date: 08/19/2015
RO: 463013

Advocacy: 5

Recommend: 2

Comment:
Because you allow dealerships to screw your customers. You allow the dealers to charge $$ owners for recall and warranty work.

AND you do nothing until we call you to complain. I should not have to call you at all...........PERIOD!
Now, why would I allow a friend or family member to have to put up with that "LOW LIFE" treatment.

Vehicle Satisfaction: 5
Comment:
If I have to call FCA and complain about being charged for warranty work......enough said.

Dealer Satisfaction: 0
Comment:
If I have to call FCA and complain about being charged for warranty work......enough said.

Dealer Code: 24154
Dealer Name: NORTHWEST CHRYSLER JEEP DODGE
Business Center: J
DOM: 11
District: C
Case ID: 9015236010624
Dealership Associates Involved with Transaction:
Aaron Newton
Eric Duffy

Old 09-15-2015, 08:37 PM
Kabachy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tipm recall done?

Hey guys, I had problems with my engine starting on the first try about a week before I got the recall noticed. Got the recall done and thought it would fix the problem but it didn't. I have a 2013 v8 hemi crew. Anyone get the recall done and still having issues? Doesn't happen all the time and the dealer won't help unless it happens when they have it (never does). I push the start button and the engine turns on for a split second before dying. Everything else remains on like radio, air, dashboard lights and indicators but the engine cuts off. Then when I hit the start button again, the engine makes a clicking sound like it's trying to turn over but never does. Sounds like the fuel pump isn't working which they just supposedly fixed. Any ideas how to get the dealership to look at this? I want to get it taken care of before my warranty expires.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:03 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Kabachy,

How often is this concern occurring? Intermittent concerns can be difficult because dealerships do need to be able to duplicate it before providing a diagnosis. Has your dealership ever kept your vehicle for a couple days to have more attempts at duplicating your concern?

Old 09-16-2015, 11:08 AM
Kabachy

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Kabachy,

How often is this concern occurring? Intermittent concerns can be difficult because dealerships do need to be able to duplicate it before providing a diagnosis. Has your dealership ever kept your vehicle for a couple days to have more attempts at duplicating your concern?
It happens about once a week. That may not seem like alot but my wife only drives the car 2-3 times a week. This is evident by the Durango being two years old and only has 8k miles. The dealer has not tried to duplicate the issue. Was hoping to get it in soon if anything, to document that I am having issues. I have video tapped it... Read the description.

https://youtu.be/N4E61lLpu9c

Last edited by Kabachy; 09-16-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:18 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by Kabachy
It happens about once a week. That may not seem like alot but my wife only drives the car 2-3 times a week. This is evident by the Durango being two years old and only has 8k miles. The dealer has not tried to duplicate the issue. Was hoping to get it in soon if anything, to document that I am having issues. I have video tapped it... Read the description.

https://youtu.be/N4E61lLpu9c
Do you notice any specific conditions when this occurs? Also, are you aware if there are any diagnostic trouble codes present when this happens?

I would definitely recommend bringing your vehicle to a dealership to have it diagnosed. If you would like assistance scheduling an appointment, please feel free to reach out.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:32 AM
Kabachy

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Do you notice any specific conditions when this occurs? Also, are you aware if there are any diagnostic trouble codes present when this happens?

I would definitely recommend bringing your vehicle to a dealership to have it diagnosed. If you would like assistance scheduling an appointment, please feel free to reach out.
No specific conditions that I noticed and not sure about any codes. I originally thought that it may be due to the car sitting for a day or two but when I video tapped the link above, my wife had used the car earlier thst day with no issues.

Thanks for your time and recommendations.

Old 09-16-2015, 01:40 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by Kabachy
No specific conditions that I noticed and not sure about any codes. I originally thought that it may be due to the car sitting for a day or two but when I video tapped the link above, my wife had used the car earlier thst day with no issues.

Thanks for your time and recommendations.
No problem. Please be sure to keep us posted on this!

Old 10-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Waynead
Veteran

As long as I've had my new 2012 Citadel Hemi I've had this intermittent problem:

Cars starts, runs for a second or two and stalls. If I push the start button again (with foot on brake) it just cranks and cranks without starting until you shut it off. It will then start and stay running. I've also found that after it stalls, if I turn it off before trying to restart, it will start up just fine. It may go a day or a week or a month between occurrences. Of course, it's never happened at the dealer. It's never shown a code.

I've been assuming the recall for the pump relay would cure this. But I had the recall done today and when I went to pick up the car at the dealer's it happened again.

I'm at a loss.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:33 AM
usmc1811
Veteran

Is it not amazing, that only you the owner would experience this problem when you
picked up your vehicle. AND the whole time the vehicle was being serviced by the dealership, none of their mechanics experienced the problem while they where working on the vehicle. Not a one.

SIMPLY AMAZING.......is it not.

Let's read another post with the usual excuses from DodgeCares.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TIPM Recall Coming