3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

TIPM Recall Coming

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 11:01 AM
pm2012rt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giving up

After driving my 2012 R/T way too long with the stalling issue, I'm trading it in. The dealer still couldn't figure out the stalling issue. The dealer said the truck is safe to drive but with two kids under 10 in my family, I don't want to look like the dad of the year when I get into an accident. KBB listed the trade in value as $18-$20 but, of course, when I asked the dealer, they said they were afraid of the Durango and offered $15k. I can't sell it with this issue as is so I'm stuck taking it.

I asked to have the cost of a new Max Care lifetime warranty covered by the dealer but they quickly said I'd need to as Chrysler. Chrysler customer service said my only recourse is arbitration. @$#&!!!!

No reward for my loyalty and zero payback for the year or so of issues. Not cool.

I'm getting into a Ram 1500 and keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 12-15-2017, 11:23 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Originally Posted by pm2012rt
After driving my 2012 R/T way too long with the stalling issue, I'm trading it in. The dealer still couldn't figure out the stalling issue. The dealer said the truck is safe to drive but with two kids under 10 in my family, I don't want to look like the dad of the year when I get into an accident. KBB listed the trade in value as $18-$20 but, of course, when I asked the dealer, they said they were afraid of the Durango and offered $15k. I can't sell it with this issue as is so I'm stuck taking it.

I asked to have the cost of a new Max Care lifetime warranty covered by the dealer but they quickly said I'd need to as Chrysler. Chrysler customer service said my only recourse is arbitration. @$#&!!!!

No reward for my loyalty and zero payback for the year or so of issues. Not cool.

I'm getting into a Ram 1500 and keeping my fingers crossed.
And you are buying another dodge...... That isn't going to get anything to change either. Want to let chrysler know your feelings? Buy another brand. If they won't take care of you, as they should, find someone else that will.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:59 PM
Prospect62
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What he said. I'm pretty loyal to Mopar, but when the time comes to move on from this Durango I'll be going back to GM.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:12 AM
pm2012rt

Originally Posted by Prospect62
What he said. I'm pretty loyal to Mopar, but when the time comes to move on from this Durango I'll be going back to GM.
100% agree but.... The truck stalls losing everything but most importantly, power steering. I picture a young driver freaking out and not having the strength to pull over. So I can't sell it without telling potential buyers the issue. Ford and Chevy dealers offered even less and their trucks were priced about $12k more than the Ram. If I had your wallets I'd be in a F150

Ram offered the best trade in and lowest price for the truck. I liked the idea of driving the Ford but I couldn't afford it.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:02 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

100% agree but.... The truck stalls losing everything but most importantly, power steering. I picture a young driver freaking out and not having the strength to pull over. So I can't sell it without telling potential buyers the issue. Ford and Chevy dealers offered even less and their trucks were priced about $12k more than the Ram. If I had your wallets I'd be in a F150

Ram offered the best trade in and lowest price for the truck. I liked the idea of driving the Ford but I couldn't afford it.
Ok, that makes good sense.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:11 AM
///AMG Hauler
Rookie

My Durango had a two separate issues, the fuel relay which was fixed under recall involving not wanting to start. Mine also had an issue with stalling while driving which we figured out was a short in the wiring harness that runs under the dead pedal for your left foot. I could actually initiate the stall if I applied enough pressure with my foot. Once the wiring harness was replaced it never happened again.
I kept my Durango for 135,000 miles until trading it for a RAM 1500 a year ago. The truck has been problem free so far.

Old 10-07-2019, 02:19 PM
BC Durango

Any new up-dates on this recall and also, what other Chrysler Products does it effect?? JEEP??

Quick Reply: TIPM Recall Coming