3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

TIPM Recall Coming

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 08:39 PM
detailsbyfrank
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coldsteel
Parts indeed ARE available, but the dealerships are not fighting to obtain them so that they can do more warranty work which takes away from their cash business.

This is exactly why I bought my own relay: Amazon.com: Mopar 6814 2156AA, HVAC Blower Motor Relay: Automotive

And performed the recall work myself - Who wants to drive in a $40k time bomb.

Not banging you but, why would I pay for something that they are now 100% responsible for? If something happens to me and or my family while this is still out and not fixed then Chrysler has to part with millions more dollars to pay my family. Besides, I have a factory warranty still active and a lifetime after that. I'm covered but they are not covering me and many others.

I am willing to be they will be buying back these 3rd gen Durango's soon also. Especially when the one year mark comes around and there are still trucks not fixed under this TPIM recall. Just my 2 cents.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:20 PM
coldsteel
Captain

Do what you will, but it strikes me as odd that you would risk your family's safety over such a cheap part. If you don't have to drive it that's one thing, but if you're driving it with a cheap relay hoping for the best, you may be devastated.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:32 PM
detailsbyfrank
Professional

Truthfully, the truck sits in the driveway or dealership more than I get to drive it. Like now, where is it? The dealer. And again they still do not have the part....lol

I only have 39,000 miles on the two year old truck. I am not too worried as I know they will come through in another 6 months to a year with the part....lol

Cheers.

Old 07-29-2015, 01:02 PM
usmc1811
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You would think FCA and all the CDJ dealerships would buy up all the relay repair kits that are available from all outside sources and then install them to keep their loyal customers happy and safe.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:44 AM
coldsteel
Captain

Originally Posted by usmc1811
You would think FCA and all the CDJ dealerships would buy up all the relay repair kits that are available from all outside sources and then install them to keep their loyal customers happy and safe.

The Amazon link I posted is actually a dealership parts counter selling on the open market

Old 07-30-2015, 10:25 AM
usmc1811
Veteran

Thanks,good to know.

This info. also confirms on why I had a bad feeling about all of this to begin with.

We as the owners, are the only people who really care.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:30 AM
usmc1811
Veteran

I finally got another postcard from FCA yesterday, telling me to contact my local dealership to fix the TIPM/internal fuel relay circuit. Now that there are parts available to do this fix. Say's to call the dealership first, so they can order the parts and or hold the parts. At which time the dealership is supposed to setup a service date and time. And if there are any questions or concerns the dealership is unable to resolve. I'm to contact FCA recall center.

It also so states:

If your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may submit a written complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

WTF???

LOL, like that's going to make the dealership do right by the customer.

Isn't it great to know that FCA will fight for the customer too.........HA!

Old 08-15-2015, 01:09 PM
Hemibuck
Veteran

Originally Posted by usmc1811
I finally got another postcard from FCA yesterday, telling me to contact my local dealership to fix the TIPM/internal fuel relay circuit. Now that there are parts available to do this fix. Say's to call the dealership first, so they can order the parts and or hold the parts. At which time the dealership is supposed to setup a service date and time. And if there are any questions or concerns the dealership is unable to resolve. I'm to contact FCA recall center.

It also so states:

If your dealer fails or is unable to remedy this defect without charge and within a reasonable time, you may submit a written complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

WTF???

LOL, like that's going to make the dealership do right by the customer.

Isn't it great to know that FCA will fight for the customer too.........HA!
Yep got mine in the mail today too. Funny thing is the D was in the dealership 3 weeks ago and they couldn't do a thing for it. Now I'm 4 days away from going on vacation with it and there is no time to get it in for service. They are backed up for weeks!

Old 08-16-2015, 12:30 PM
jazzmaster221
Amateur

just made my reservations with cerritos dodge for next monday the 24 for the fuel pump relay..also they ordered my air bags for my 2006 magnum recall..

Old 08-17-2015, 12:40 PM
rasull12

I just called my dealer to ask them to make sure they have one in stock for me when I come in for an oil change next month and I was told last he checked they still hadn't become available. I told him that I just got the mailer stating that they are and also my aunt has a Grand Cherokee Hemi and was able to get it done at a different dealership this morning and he said that those are different parts. Which I questioned but he insisted.

My question is that he claims that they are different part numbers for the Grand Cherokee and the Durango both with the hemi. Does anyone know if that is true? I would think it would be the same but just wondering if anyone on here knew differently.

Quick Reply: TIPM Recall Coming