Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Still no info yet on P-54 recall.....

Old 10-23-2014, 10:40 PM
pieman16
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DODGE EVER!

Here's what happened.
On 10-10-14 my truck started having problems starting wouldn't turn over. Until I tried to start it 4-5 then it would start. Well on 10-11-14 I was driving down hwy 12 at around 65mph and it decided to cut off on me stall. Nice thing is no one was hurt. SO I had it towed to Liatha dodge and found out the problem was the TIPM (p54). But now the brake light is on when the brake is not, Traction control light is on, and No cruise control. And they wanted $1,000 to fix the problem. Then they claim dodge will pay you back. I asked them how because dodge is only going to pay for the correct recall. SO long story short I still have the problem. The 800 number will not help at all. My truck will not start and dodge says ohh well. Deal with it until we feel like sending out the recall letter. Then who knows when we will get the part to fix the problem.

Old 10-24-2014, 10:50 AM
Wash Man
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pieman16
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER DODGE EVER! Here's what happened. On 10-10-14 my truck started having problems starting wouldn't turn over. Until I tried to start it 4-5 then it would start. Well on 10-11-14 I was driving down hwy 12 at around 65mph and it decided to cut off on me stall. Nice thing is no one was hurt. SO I had it towed to Liatha dodge and found out the problem was the TIPM (p54). But now the brake light is on when the brake is not, Traction control light is on, and No cruise control. And they wanted $1,000 to fix the problem. Then they claim dodge will pay you back. I asked them how because dodge is only going to pay for the correct recall. SO long story short I still have the problem. The 800 number will not help at all. My truck will not start and dodge says ohh well. Deal with it until we feel like sending out the recall letter. Then who knows when we will get the part to fix the problem.
What year, engine, model? I remember when you posted the long list of proems earlier in the year. I would have gone and found a nice ford platinum by now too. Fortunately mine has been basically problem free

Old 10-28-2014, 06:23 AM
timandlisa
Default TIPM issue on Durango

We have a 2012 Citadel (64k) with this problem. At first I thought my wife was out of gas even though the gauge was low it wasn't bottomed out, I figured a gallon or two of gas would do the trick. Ironically, it started on the first push of the button. After filling the tank, it did it the next day. Started to explore and found this forum.
The dealer told me to call Chrysler first. I did and started a case #. Then Chrysler told me to bring it to the dealer for a formal diagnostic. (Even though we all know what it is) I now have the truck in the dealer as I write this. Will let you know how it turns out.
It was very intermittent at first. Doing it only once in maybe 50 starts. Becoming progressively worse. It now does it almost every time on cold starts. It seems to start throughout the day once I get it started in the morning.
I've found that a blast of starting fluid in the air intake gives it enough to crank over then it will go after a try or two. And I have only had it stall once on idle.
I am afraid that if I pay the dealer the $1000 to replace the TIPM and Chrysler eventually puts out a recall for the external fuel pump relay, which is a much less expensive alternative, I will never recover the difference.
One more thing, the deal doesn't call it a T-I-P-M, they call it a "tippem". Just found it funny even though the situation isn't.
Maybe time to go back to Ford.

Old 10-28-2014, 06:48 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

DEALER IS A PUTZ
TOTALLY INTEGRATED POWER MODULE
You guys getting 15's I dont believe will have them.
They are going back to BCM(BODY CONTROL MODULES)) and CTM's (CENTRAL TIMER MODULES)
For the record FORD uses GEM Modules and they have over a 50% failure rating
All manufacturers are in the same boat they need modules and relay centers that get made overseas by design, but noone knows if the components used or designed on paper to work will last.
STEVE

Old 10-28-2014, 09:08 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by timandlisa
One more thing, the deal doesn't call it a T-I-P-M, they call it a "tippem".

lolololololol

Old 10-28-2014, 10:20 AM
Wash Man
All Star

Does the 14' have one? No one has posted a problem with a 14' yet and mine has been problem free. I wonder if they made a change in 14'?

Old 10-28-2014, 11:06 AM
timandlisa

FYI on TIPM recall. Look at the two links here, one is a class action lawsuit being initiated for this issue and the other is the actual recall for the 2011 vehicles. It doesn't cover anything built past July 2011. My 2012 was August...go figure.
http://www.carcomplaints.com/news/20...vehicles.shtml

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...4V530-4400.pdf

Old 10-28-2014, 01:41 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Wash Man
Does the 14' have one? No one has posted a problem with a 14' yet and mine has been problem free. I wonder if they made a change in 14'?

The 2014 has a Body Control Module, making it like a PowerNet system in the the 2011 and up Charger and 300.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:04 PM
Wash Man
All Star

Originally Posted by TNtech
The 2014 has a Body Control Module, making it like a PowerNet system in the the 2011 and up Charger and 300.
So I shouldn't be expecting these problems?

Quick Reply: TIPM Recall Coming