3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

TIPM Recall Coming

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 12:52 AM
911Boulder
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my recall notice in the mail on Friday (11/7) It says that I have to wait for another correspondence because the part needed is not in stock anywhere... lol

Old 11-14-2014, 03:59 PM
mtolfam
Unhappy 2011 Dodge Citadel, TIMP replaced - more light issues

Hello! I bought my Dodge Durango Citadel 4 months ago. the day AFTER my 90 day warranty, my car wouldn't start. Got it to start with my key fob and drove it to the dealer. Thankfully I bought an extended warranty. So, my car sat there for a week and a new TIPM was installed. I realize the next day that my right turn signal makes my fog lights blink on and off and my signal does NOT turn on. I then notice none of my sapphire blue LED lighting turns on. I researched the TIPM issue and found that a recall was COMING. Funny how Dodge in my town did not know this was being recalled. SO now I have to send in for my reimbursement of my deductible I paid - I received my recall notice in the mail last week.

However, my car has now been sitting at the dealer AGAIN, since I took it back after the TIPM was replaced. Its been 8 days - they fixed the blinker, however the interior sapphire blue lights still do not work. They keep telling me they've called Dodge and Dodge isn't quite sure what to do.

Its totally unfortunate, and not the dealerships faults, however. I've had the car 4 months and now its been in the shop for over 2 weeks. I have 5 kids and its not exactly easy right now. Its STRESSFUL! I don't know when I'll get my car back at this point. I've bought many cars, and I've never had a recall, but I know it can happen. I'm just frustrated, upset, stressed and doubting myself. I feel like I've made a mistake in purchasing the Durango. I've owned a Chrysler and LOVE it, so figured Dodge would be great. But so far, disappointment. If the problem could have been solved quicker than it has, I'd be perfectly happy. But it hasn't, and it makes me start to really think.

Anyone else have this problem after replacing the TIPM?

Old 11-14-2014, 08:15 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by mtolfam
Hello! I bought my Dodge Durango Citadel 4 months ago. the day AFTER my 90 day warranty, my car wouldn't start. Got it to start with my key fob and drove it to the dealer. Thankfully I bought an extended warranty. So, my car sat there for a week and a new TIPM was installed. I realize the next day that my right turn signal makes my fog lights blink on and off and my signal does NOT turn on. I then notice none of my sapphire blue LED lighting turns on. I researched the TIPM issue and found that a recall was COMING. Funny how Dodge in my town did not know this was being recalled. SO now I have to send in for my reimbursement of my deductible I paid - I received my recall notice in the mail last week.

However, my car has now been sitting at the dealer AGAIN, since I took it back after the TIPM was replaced. Its been 8 days - they fixed the blinker, however the interior sapphire blue lights still do not work. They keep telling me they've called Dodge and Dodge isn't quite sure what to do.

Its totally unfortunate, and not the dealerships faults, however. I've had the car 4 months and now its been in the shop for over 2 weeks. I have 5 kids and its not exactly easy right now. Its STRESSFUL! I don't know when I'll get my car back at this point. I've bought many cars, and I've never had a recall, but I know it can happen. I'm just frustrated, upset, stressed and doubting myself. I feel like I've made a mistake in purchasing the Durango. I've owned a Chrysler and LOVE it, so figured Dodge would be great. But so far, disappointment. If the problem could have been solved quicker than it has, I'd be perfectly happy. But it hasn't, and it makes me start to really think.

Anyone else have this problem after replacing the TIPM?

Hmmm...That's funny. Every TIPM I have replaced for the last 3 months has been in stock or at another dealer in town.

As for the front lighting issue, there are some terminals that have to be swapped in the 2011 and 2012. They should be aware of this.

Maybe they don't like you....

Old 11-15-2014, 11:07 AM
mtolfam

Originally Posted by TNtech
Hmmm...That's funny. Every TIPM I have replaced for the last 3 months has been in stock or at another dealer in town.

As for the front lighting issue, there are some terminals that have to be swapped in the 2011 and 2012. They should be aware of this.

Maybe they don't like you....
That was an interesting post. I don't think you read my post quite right. I already had the TIPM replaced. It was in stock. That isn't the issue. Also what does liking me or not have to do with the lighting issue?

Old 12-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Durango20136938
Default Heater and air conditioning

Won't blow cold or hot air they turn on but no other issues will blow the back vents... Not the front please help

Old 12-05-2014, 08:38 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Durango20136938
Won't blow cold or hot air they turn on but no other issues will blow the back vents... Not the front please help
Durango20136938,

I'm sorry to hear about your issue.

Is the concern intermittent, or does it always present? Have you had chance to show the service dept. at your dealer?

Old 12-05-2014, 10:07 AM
nicola.dinisio
Rookie

Yesterday I have been at the garage for another matter, and when they connected the computer to my car OBD, they listed the open recalls possibly affecting my car.
This TIPM recall is currently issued only for USA and CA (there are two separate recalls for those two countries). The so called international recall covering all other countries is not out yet.
Apparently my 2011 Durango was manufactured for Arab and Asian markets, even though sold and registered in Germany, and therefore not covered by the recall yet.
Now I understand why I have all those stickers around the car written in Arabic and Chinese...

Old 12-07-2014, 01:54 PM
coldsteel
Captain

I was told by my dealer that no parts were available and there is/was no ETA. Pre-emptively, I ordered the relay kit on Amazon, using the StarCase that has been published here.

As of last Friday, my 2011 became stranded in my garage. It had been acting up since the weather turned colder, so the wife and I kept parking it nose first into the garage so when it finally quit, I could work on it.

I just completed the procedure and wouldn't you know, she fired right up! I would guess the skill level is about a 6/10 depending on your comfort with tight quarters, dozens of wires, and cutting some pretty important factory wiring out of the harness.

Chrysler gives the procedure 1.0 hour - I took about 3 hours. I went slowly and deliberately through the procedure before and during each step. I also kept my multimeter handy to verify continuity at every splice before continuing.

I just couldn't see having my DD towed out of my garage to my servicing dealer (17 miles) just for it to sit because there are no parts. I paid good money for this vehicle and I plan on keeping it for the long haul so ~$60 out of pocket was worth it to me.

Last edited by coldsteel; 12-07-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:27 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by coldsteel
I was told by my dealer that no parts were available and there is/was no ETA. Pre-emptively, I ordered the relay kit on Amazon, using the StarCase that has been published here.

As of last Friday, my 2011 became stranded in my garage. It had been acting up since the weather turned colder, so the wife and I kept parking it nose first into the garage so when it finally quit, I could work on it.

I just completed the procedure and wouldn't you know, she fired right up! I would guess the skill level is about a 6/10 depending on your comfort with tight quarters, dozens of wires, and cutting some pretty important factory wiring out of the harness.

Chrysler gives the procedure 1.0 hour - I took about 3 hours. I went slowly and deliberately through the procedure before and during each step. I also kept my multimeter handy to verify continuity at every splice before continuing.

I just couldn't see having my DD towed out of my garage to my servicing dealer (17 miles) just for it to sit because there are no parts. I paid good money for this vehicle and I plan on keeping it for the long haul so ~$60 out of pocket was worth it to me.

Link the relay kit please for the rest of the peeps.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:51 PM
coldsteel
Captain

Lost my head...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007NP582A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007NP582A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If anyone PMs me an email address, I will forward the the PDF from another person that performed this procedure.

The Star Case is here: http://www.verticalvisions.com/docum...1308000399.pdf

The relay is an HVAC blower relay; don't worry it is the correct part.

Last edited by coldsteel; 12-07-2014 at 07:00 PM.

Quick Reply: TIPM Recall Coming