3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Engine trouble on brand new 2014 r/t

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Thekoning
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mike2014rt
The resolution team called on Friday. The big update was that they asked the dealer if they'd take it back and they said no - like I didn't already know that! They said they'd call today with what they could do but haven't heard from them. And of course they never answer the phone when I call. Not the experience I was hoping for from my new car purchase.
By what your depicting I'm starting to get pissed off at chrysler, and it's not even my truck with the issue.
Hope it gets resolved nicely for ya.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:17 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dealer usually isnt given the option by Chrysler they are told to take it back and it is usually picked up or refurbished
STEVE

Old 11-11-2014, 11:12 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The resolution team called on Friday. The big update was that they asked the dealer if they'd take it back and they said no - like I didn't already know that! They said they'd call today with what they could do but haven't heard from them. And of course they never answer the phone when I call. Not the experience I was hoping for from my new car purchase.
The dealer doesn't make the decision to take it back or not. They couldn't even if they wanted to. If your Customer Care person is giving you that indication, then your Care rep is a doofus or a liar.

Although I have seen that BS zig zag strategy instigated by Care Reps before....take part of the blame then shift most of the blame to the dealer with subtle remarks and bull**** notions that don't exist.

Resolution Team? Who are the individuals on this so-called "Resolution Team" That name sounds like a crock of doodie right there. I don't recall ever having one of those at my dealership.

They sell and repair....that's it.

Last edited by TNtech; 11-11-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:26 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Its all a big BS story call chrysler care back and ask for a supervisor
STEVE

Old 11-11-2014, 08:27 PM
mike2014rt

"Tony" called today with the offer - 1 month payment. And if anything happens again I can still pursue further remedies. It's so early I don't even have a payment slip to send to him - my first payment isn't due until mid Dec!

Old 11-11-2014, 08:37 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

no way tell TONY ...YOU DRIVE THE TRUCK TONY GET ME A NEW ONE

Old 11-11-2014, 09:04 PM
mike2014rt

Originally Posted by TNtech
Resolution Team? Who are the individuals on this so-called "Resolution Team" That name sounds like a crock of doodie right there. I don't recall ever having one of those at my dealership.
I'm not dealing with the dealer. I talked to them when the car broke down and they weren't going to do anything so I called Chrysler directly. My initial call was "escalated" to the resolution team and Tony. But all he did was call around dealers trying to get one of them to buy it back it sounds like. When nobody would, he said all he could offer was 1 month payment. I don't think I'll get anything else unless it breaks down again or I try filing a more official complaint in writing. I'm not sure I'm up for that battle.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:29 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Just tell him no. He is trained to give you the least amount back or keep you in that ride.
Just say not good enough...NEW DURANGO or nothing. he will instruct your selling dealer to take it back.
Stand tall and just say "I have lost my confidence in this truck and this Brand Tony , Now do the right thing and get me an exchange on a new Durango"
STEVE

Old 11-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Tony [said] he did was call around dealers trying to get one of them to buy it back"

Lucky you, I just happen to have a transcript of one of those phone calls:

Tony: Acme Dodge? May I speak to your general manager
GM: Hi, this is Trite Lyons, the GM. How can I help you?
Tony: Tony from Chrysler's Customer Resolution Center, here. I got this guy who bought a '14 RT from ABC Dodge down the street and the engine went south on him after about 50 miles. I was wondering if you'd like to buy it from him or take it in trade?
GM: Excuse me? Wudda ya calling me for? Talk to Acme, they sold him the car.
Tony: Ahhh, yeah, we've done that but they don't want it back either.
GM: So? Go **** on someone else's corn flakes. I don't want it.
Tony: Hey, man, cut me some slack. The customer is really P.O.'d and I gotta do something to get him off my butt.
GM: That's your problem, pally. Offer him an extended warranty and free oil changes for life and see how that works.
Tony: No dice, corporate's wound tighter than a two dollar watch and wants this thing over -- for free.
GM: BFD. Why do I have to do your job for you. Just take it back and give him a new one and run the lemon over to the auction and unload in on some loser up there.
Tony: C'mon man I can't do that. It's not ethical or fair.
GM: (long pause) How long you been in the car business, son?
Tony: Ahhh . . .
GM: ((click))

Old 11-11-2014, 10:41 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

OOOH ! Ok, yeah....... Tony's "Resolution Team". I remember those guys now.

(Superfriends kick *** gittin' dat $hit dun)

Last edited by TNtech; 11-11-2014 at 10:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Engine trouble on brand new 2014 r/t