3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Koning's Lifted Durango BUILD!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016 | 11:42 AM
that$pit

Originally Posted by that$pit
What exactly did you find was the problem? Just installed the kit and want to keep an eye out for any potential issues.

Koning, I know you didn't install the kit yourself, but you did mention having some noises since install. It's been about a week now on mine and I've noticed a squeak coming from the front upper control arm bushings. I'm not sure but I'm thinking we may have over-tighted the bushing bolts, causing excessive pinching. Did you experience a squeak in the front end and have you found a solution?

Figured out the squeek.... That antispin tab was rubbing on the control arm. The instructions say to bend it, but we didnt do it enough. Interestingly, it didnt contact when in park, but when my buddy sat in the cockpit and held the brake then it contacted. Somethin so little making such and obnoxious racket lol

Old 04-11-2016 | 02:06 PM
jffgrdnr

Thekoning,

I love the mods you did to your 3rd gen Durango. In fact, I'm seriously considering buying a Durango in large part due to how fantastic it looks with a lift.

However, one of my main goals is to buy something that can stay at around 20mpg. I drive about 70% freeway. Do you still get close to 20mpg (average) with the new lift and tires?

Also, have you taken it off road and can you give any kind of feedback about its capabilities in the regard?

Old 04-11-2016 | 09:36 PM
Thekoning
|
Professional

Originally Posted by jffgrdnr
Thekoning,

I love the mods you did to your 3rd gen Durango. In fact, I'm seriously considering buying a Durango in large part due to how fantastic it looks with a lift.

However, one of my main goals is to buy something that can stay at around 20mpg. I drive about 70% freeway. Do you still get close to 20mpg (average) with the new lift and tires?

Also, have you taken it off road and can you give any kind of feedback about its capabilities in the regard?
It's funny it's not the lift that kills the mpg it'd the larger tires your bound to buy with it. We found that out when putting the summer/all seasons and lighter rims back on.

I think our mpg with the lift and heavy wheels is just at 20mpg but I'm really not sure. If your not towing huge cargo I would go with the v6 if you want to save some gas money.

In terms of off road it's great now. Better clearance and with the ko2 tires we had no problem hauling a heavy snowmobile trailer with 3 sleds through deep snow in unplowed parking lots.

We love our Durango for the time being! Untill electric cars are more common

Old 04-11-2016 | 11:07 PM
wdaniels

Another lift inspired by thekoning.

Old 04-12-2016 | 01:13 PM
Thekoning
|
Professional

Originally Posted by wdaniels
Another lift inspired by thekoning.

Clean! Lookin good!

Old 04-13-2016 | 10:26 PM
mskycrz
Default Thank you for thnge inspiration Koning!

Almost the same as the previous post but here is my lifted gen3. Added the 2.5 rocky, 275/55/20 Nexen tires and 1" spacers. Removing the suitcase tomorrow. Love my Durangos and this is my third one. I have had one of each generation and still have my 2004, in fact its being repainted now to a flat charcoal grey. I needed add some clearance to the front of the gen 3 just to use it hunting. It now sits as it should have from the factory. Thanks again for the inspiration! These gen 3's look cool lifted!

Attached Thumbnails Koning's Lifted Durango BUILD!-20160403_151548_resized_1.jpg  
Old 04-14-2016 | 04:17 PM
wdaniels

Originally Posted by Thekoning
Clean! Lookin good!
Thanks to you!

Old 04-14-2016 | 04:19 PM
wdaniels

Originally Posted by mskycrz
Almost the same as the previous post but here is my lifted gen3. Added the 2.5 rocky, 275/55/20 Nexen tires and 1" spacers. Removing the suitcase tomorrow. Love my Durangos and this is my third one. I have had one of each generation and still have my 2004, in fact its being repainted now to a flat charcoal grey. I needed add some clearance to the front of the gen 3 just to use it hunting. It now sits as it should have from the factory. Thanks again for the inspiration! These gen 3's look cool lifted!
Looks great! Lol!! I've been wanting to do the suitcase mod but afraid it might drone or be too abnoxious. Let me know how you like the sound pls.

Old 04-18-2016 | 11:03 PM
NateG

I don't have a Durango (yet - planning to buy in July) but I had to create an account just to comment on how great all your trucks are looking. I love the interior, exterior, and the way the 3G Durango drives, but hate how low they sit. This mini lift looks perfect. Can't wait to blow all my money on my own later this year!

Old 05-06-2016 | 03:39 PM
Kmkennedy14

Everyone's Duangos look great. I have the 2013 Crew and I just put on the 2 inch level kit from RRO. I am trying to find out what the biggest tires I can put on my stock rims are (I think they are 18's) with the level kit? I would like to go taller and wider if possible. I am hoping that auto minds greater than mine can help me out. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Koning's Lifted Durango BUILD!