3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

This truck is the worst piece of **** ever!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 05:08 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this was me I'd suck up the losses and ditch the truck.
I did just that with my wife's 2007 Volvo XC90 that blew a tranny after only 60K. It was out of warranty so they paid for only HALF of the tranny and I paid for the other half plus labor. P***ed me off.
I took that truck to the local CarMax shop and sold it outright. They gave me a very good price (a whole lot more than I expected!!) and then we went across the street to the Toyota dealer and got the wife an Avalon.
I'm still paying Visa for that freaking tranny -- and I'm still p***ed.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:15 PM
DJ Hellfire
Veteran

I tried the lemon law thing. They wouldn't replace it because it wasn't a safety issue!

Old 12-16-2014, 07:23 PM
DJ Hellfire
Veteran

I tried the lemon law thing. Chrysler wouldn't replace it because it wasn't a safety issue so they say! They basically gave me $2000 cash, two years of free oil changes and told me to **** off. I accepted it at first because I thought I had no choice, according the Chrysler, plus they had fixed the issue. Then same day I agreed to the offer, I immediately attempted to change my mind to have the lawyers try harder. But they said it was too late because I had already agreed. Tried trading it in a few months ago, but the depreciation is so ridiculous that my payment would have gone up almost $200 a month. So I'm stuck with it. Part of the agreement was that I couldn't get a lawyer again for this same vehicle. I would have never thought that two years later I would be drowning in problems!

Old 12-17-2014, 02:18 PM
salrt
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, when you settle you're done. Looks like you either deal with it or trade it off...

Old 01-21-2015, 01:51 PM
lex_durango

You likely missed your window for the lemon law. But I had an Audi Q7 and I felt the exact same way.

Torque converter seal had to be replaced (leaked tranny fluid everywhere).
Transmission sensor
Transmission jerk if you floor it, like a clunk on downshift only when floored
Leaky sunroof drains (if it rains expect a puddle on the pass. side foot well)
3 of 4 door sensors (to lock and unlock by touching handle) failed
Flex pipe
Battery under driver seat (removal required damn near taking out the seat)
Poor rubber sealing around doors, when you open the door after it rains a bunch of water falls out. All these water issues caused rusting in strange spots
Mysterious battery drain (final straw) $1K to diagnose and fix, 3 months later back again. All of the sudden it stopped. Again. But I knew it would be back, traded in for a simple Durango.

Having also owned a VW Phaeton. I've now sworn off Audi/VW/Bentley/Porsche since they're all the same company and all suffer similar issues.

My Phaeton was in the shop so much it was like I owned a Passat since that was the loaner car they kept giving me. Because Phaetons were only sold in the US from 04-06, most dealers didn't even know how to service it. So I had to drive 20 miles to an area that sees Phaetons more often. Biggest POS.

But I believe sometimes you just get a lemon. We also have a Toyota 2007, 100K and it's never had more than an oil change and brakes. My wife wants another SUV but no matter what we're keeping ol' faithful!

Old 01-21-2015, 08:56 PM
humyz
Professional

Id be interested in your wheels if u gonna sell the DD

Old 01-22-2015, 04:00 PM
Orin500XL
Captain

And if you sell your wheels to humyz I got a set of OEM 18-inch wheels you can have for $250; you could put some cheap-o tires on and ditch that lemon at Carmax. I live south of Baltimore and we could meet half way.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:12 AM
Rammajama
Rookie

I got ahold of a Jeep Commander lemon in 2006, I feel your pain. Fortunately, I was able to trade it off without taking a complete bath.

Quick Reply: This truck is the worst piece of **** ever!!!