3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Has noone done any LED fog light conversion kits?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 05:09 PM
DJ Hellfire
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Has noone done any LED fog light conversion kits?

Was hoping to see some install pics but doesn't look like anyone has done this yet. I just ordered these. They currently have a 15% off code. Only $115 shipped.

http://www.xenondepot.com/PSX24W-LED...24w-led-hp.htm

Update:

Finally got them and installed them. They are amazing and put out an insane amount of light, much more than I expected. I didn't take a comparison picture, but the difference is ridiculous.

Last edited by DJ Hellfire; 03-22-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:14 PM
ufokillerz
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire
Was hoping to see some install pics but doesn't look like anyone has done this yet. I just ordered these.

i had 2 separate LED kits that i installed into my 2014 fogs. They are both like the kit you ordered. They did "OK" nothing spectacular.
For the most part, i would say do not expect it to be any better then stock in terms of output. Very unique heatsink btw.

I am in the process of retrofitting a set of retrofitsource xbled fogs designed for subarus into my 2014. I'm still mocking things up in a spare lower bumper i have just for this purpose.

Do not expect much from leds without proper/matching optics.

Old 03-13-2015, 05:32 PM
DJ Hellfire
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, don't really care much about extra output. The HID headlights are more than enough. Mainly just going for a nice look. Had some cree bulbs before but they died after about 6 months.

And yeah, the heatsink is pretty cool because it allows them to function without a fan, which a lot of reviews say often fail prematurely. Hope these work out. I'll post pics when I get them.

Old 03-16-2015, 08:39 AM
cjlucas78
Rookie

I bought a set of LEDs for headlights and fog lights because I liked the output it gave me in my 2012 without having all the glitches of the HIDs. But with the projector headlights in the 2014, the LEDs look like cat eyes and dont have the same output they would in a normal headlight assembly, so my LEDs have been collecting dust now.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:52 AM
2012sxt
Professional

Originally Posted by cjlucas78
I bought a set of LEDs for headlights and fog lights because I liked the output it gave me in my 2012 without having all the glitches of the HIDs. But with the projector headlights in the 2014, the LEDs look like cat eyes and dont have the same output they would in a normal headlight assembly, so my LEDs have been collecting dust now.
i may be interested in the kit to replace my hids, on my non projector 2012...let me know if interested in selling and send some info

Old 03-16-2015, 04:31 PM
jsawhite
Rookie

Originally Posted by DJ Hellfire
Was hoping to see some install pics but doesn't look like anyone has done this yet. I just ordered these. They currently have a 15% off code. Only $115 shipped.

yes... Albit not nearly as high end as those are... I took pics as well if you're interested...

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ml#post3113416

Old 03-16-2015, 06:15 PM
2012sxt
Professional

Originally Posted by jsawhite
yes... Albit not nearly as high end as those are... I took pics as well if you're interested...

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ml#post3113416
those are not even in the same class ...those are low powered led replacement bulbs which is what I have also...the other that are being talked about on this thread are the high powered led's which are equal too if not better in lumens to HID's, with less heat and no flicker issues that cheap hid ballast cause.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:04 AM
jsawhite
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2012sxt
those are not even in the same class ...those are low powered led replacement bulbs which is what I have also...the other that are being talked about on this thread are the high powered led's which are equal too if not better in lumens to HID's, with less heat and no flicker issues that cheap hid ballast cause.
Agreed 100%!! As it happens I just put a set of these in my GTI:

http://deautokey.com/product/led-hea...ast-1800-lumen

I can't believe how much better (brighter) they are... They're like little sun's on each side... Of course, now I'll probably have to get a higher end set for the wife's RT... *sigh*

Old 03-17-2015, 10:06 AM
cjlucas78
Rookie

Originally Posted by 2012sxt
i may be interested in the kit to replace my hids, on my non projector 2012...let me know if interested in selling and send some info
You may have to get different bulbs for the headlights, I believe they are a different size, but the fog lights are the same. I have 2 full sets, ballasts and bulbs. I just got tired of the HID issues (flickering, high pitch whine in the radio, etc).

Old 03-19-2015, 05:35 PM
10RamSB

What bulb bases do the Durango's have in this year?

Upgraded mine to the LED kit on my truck and the things put out insane amounts of light. Just noticed this thread for LED kits. I know im in the wrong section.

Last edited by 10RamSB; 03-19-2015 at 05:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Has noone done any LED fog light conversion kits?