Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm i would think just flashing the pcm will work. might just be the dealer

Old 08-08-2010, 08:53 AM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
hmm i would think just flashing the pcm will work. might just be the dealer
Silver, Im suppose to get a call from the service manager from the dealer and Jason from SC owes me a return call. I am hoping the code that came up on the new SC "56028769AF" tells the SC technicians what is going on. And I am currently leaning in the direction that the dealer has failed to reflash my PCM correctly. Unfortunately I'm running out of time with upcoming work and travel. Very frustrating....

Monday update: Went to the dealer and went over all the work done with the Technician and Service Manager. Basically came down to, my truck is operating correctly without any DTC's. The Diablo will load into the truck as proven after the first PCM reflash. I have not tried to reload it after the second reflash which was more of a update check than an actual reflash. Only the SC3865 has a problem with the loading. Jason from SC called to let me know the technicians are working on my problem and I updated him with the information from the dealer. He said he will get back to me in a couple days. Here is some information the dealer gave me about the PCM reflash with StarScan. The Tech plugs into the truck and StarScan and checks for updates, if it is determined there is an update available then it is installed. Older PCM versions cannot be installed. The PCM cannot be cleaned and reflashed. There is apparently a very thin line between an operational PCM and it being a paper wieght. I am not 100% convinced and will seek a second opinion at another dealer. But as it stands, there are no DTC's meaning the the different modules are properly identifing one another and are communicating. So the problem now looks to be with the SC3865.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shoot me a PM with what info Jason gave you on the issue. I will look into this personally for you and see if I can get things moving faster is possible.

Scott

Originally Posted by RedTruck-VA
Silver, Im suppose to get a call from the service manager from the dealer and Jason from SC owes me a return call. I am hoping the code that came up on the new SC "56028769AF" tells the SC technicians what is going on. And I am currently leaning in the direction that the dealer has failed to reflash my PCM correctly. Unfortunately I'm running out of time with upcoming work and travel. Very frustrating....

Monday update: Went to the dealer and went over all the work done with the Technician and Service Manager. Basically came down to, my truck is operating correctly without any DTC's. The Diablo will load into the truck as proven after the first PCM reflash. I have not tried to reload it after the second reflash which was more of a update check than an actual reflash. Only the SC3865 has a problem with the loading. Jason from SC called to let me know the technicians are working on my problem and I updated him with the information from the dealer. He said he will get back to me in a couple days. Here is some information the dealer gave me about the PCM reflash with StarScan. The Tech plugs into the truck and StarScan and checks for updates, if it is determined there is an update available then it is installed. Older PCM versions cannot be installed. The PCM cannot be cleaned and reflashed. There is apparently a very thin line between an operational PCM and it being a paper wieght. I am not 100% convinced and will seek a second opinion at another dealer. But as it stands, there are no DTC's meaning the the different modules are properly identifing one another and are communicating. So the problem now looks to be with the SC3865.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

+1

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Scott

Originally Posted by Ramdamit98
It won't program the '97. Superchips coverage starts at '98. The cortex should cover the other 2 but if you didn't already know, it only programs one vehicle at a time.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:23 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
Shoot me a PM with what info Jason gave you on the issue. I will look into this personally for you and see if I can get things moving faster is possible.

Scott
Scott,
PM sent..
Anything ro get this SC installed is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Old 08-10-2010, 05:46 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Update: SuperChips has called me several times working out some difficulties we've had getting my tuner files uploaded to them for technical review. They now have the files, so this is moving forward. I am completely satisfied with SuperChips response and support with helping me getting this sorted out. I have hope the tuner will be installed in a day or two.
Thanks,

Old 08-10-2010, 08:34 PM
redFOG

Quick question about SC Tuner Cortex and compatibility.

Can you install and tune an SC then also add a JET PM? (Performance Module) and gain?

Or...can you tune with a SC and just by a chip that un-locks speed limiters?

Thanks.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

red,

I don't recommend stacking our product with any inline device because our product already fine tunes timing and air/fuel ratios to a balanced level. The inline device doesn't have the smarts to verify that your tuning is not stock so it then provides it's pre programmed tuning on top of our data putting your vehicle in a very dangerous situation with disastrous results.

Honestly if you are just looking at the inline device for the ability to remove the speed limiter you don't need to bother because the Superchips already offers that option for your 06.

Scott

Originally Posted by redFOG
Quick question about SC Tuner Cortex and compatibility.

Can you install and tune an SC then also add a JET PM? (Performance Module) and gain?

Or...can you tune with a SC and just by a chip that un-locks speed limiters?

Thanks.

Old 08-12-2010, 01:27 PM
redFOG

Great, good to know Scott, thank you.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:33 PM
redFOG

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
red,

I don't recommend stacking our product with any inline device because our product already fine tunes timing and air/fuel ratios to a balanced level. The inline device doesn't have the smarts to verify that your tuning is not stock so it then provides it's pre programmed tuning on top of our data putting your vehicle in a very dangerous situation with disastrous results.

Honestly if you are just looking at the inline device for the ability to remove the speed limiter you don't need to bother because the Superchips already offers that option for your 06.

Scott
I noticed two tuners, cortex and flashpaq. Which is best for '06 1500 Hemi? They seem very similar but I noticed Cortex does not allow for shift firmness changing? Is this a big deal between the tuners and how hard it shifts when you change the shift RPMs?

Thanks Scott for your reply!

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates